Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Picked up new SLK 55 today

5K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  Ynot 
#1 ·
Picked up the slk 55 today - really impressed with the car.

The full spec I went with is:

iridium silver
bengal red interior
black ash interior
18" black wheels
airscarf
panoramic vario roof
parktronic
harman kardon
mirror package
amg performance steering wheel
analogue clock
roll over bars aluminium
roof remote control
rain sense wipers
luxury climate control

Have only driven 120 miles so far, and obviously I'm doing the run-in, but really impressed with the engine torque at low revs - most of the big engined cars I've driven needed the nuts revving off them to really deliver. I can certainly see me getting addicted to the noise above 2k rpm.

Very comfortable when covering ground quickly - will clearly make long journeys enjoyable. Was also quite impressed with the mpg - got 24mpg on the back-haul from picking it up compared to 18 mpg from the v10 r8 I chopped in for it and I certainly wasn't driving the slk any slower - just using a taller gear and lower revs.

It was a pretty on and off day weather-wise on the run back - one minute the sun was out, the next it was raining, so got chance to try it top up and down a few times, impressed with the speed to raise/lower the roof. Even though for big chunks of the journey it was only around 12c, the airscarf and heaters kept it perfectly comfortable with the lid down.

I was quite impressed with the paddle shift in manual - sure it's not quite as quick to respond as the sequential manual's I've driven in the past, but it seems perfectly serviceable. Sport mode auto also seems to work well - good mix of comfort and right foot initiation. Will be interesting to see if this continues to impress post run-in when really giving it the beans.

Not sure where I'm going to find the patience for the next 900 miles of the run-in - but really looking forward to seeing what this car can do once it's bedded in!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Congratulations!!!

#7 ·
Congrats! enter the ride of the month contest!!

#10 ·
True, true.

#13 ·
Wow, looks like they messed up and put the steering on the WRONG SIDE! lol

Seriously, kick-ass ride. I approve. :)

#18 ·
Great choices, superb!

#24 ·
Beautiful ride, love your interior!!!
I am taking European delivery of a 2013 SLK 55 same color (Iridium Silver) and same interior (Bengal Red and Black Ash) as yours. Pick it up on June 12 in Sindelfingen. Twins on opposite sides of the pond.
Congrats, it's going to be a fun trip, are you doing the black forest/alps rally? I thought that was a bargain when I get in 05'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.