Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Well after a two week wait due to holidays, I finally collected my Slk 55.. 2012 in Dianond White, with red leather, and with a good spec. Plus 2 years warranty thrown in. Looks great. Had to go 250 miles to get it. Flew down to Brighton in 4hrs, and staggered all the way back on M25 M40 M6 M54.. Took 7 hrs.Hardly got over 60 anywhere, plus it pxxxxd down all day.. At least I had plenty of time to play with all the buttons etc. Due to the traffic etc. the car was in eco4 mode most of the time and returned 34mpg, so that's the economy side sorted..waiting for it to dry up now, then out for a run around Snowdonia.

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,601 Posts
Welcome from North Hampshire - Sounds a great car & remember to take some pictures of You new purchase "on location" in Snowdonia, and post up on here... :tu:

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Hi all,
Well after a two week wait due to holidays, I finally collected my Slk 55.. 2012 in Dianond White, with red leather, and with a good spec. Plus 2 years warranty thrown in. Looks great. Had to go 250 miles to get it. Flew down to Brighton in 4hrs, and staggered all the way back on M25 M40 M6 M54.. Took 7 hrs.Hardly got over 60 anywhere, plus it pxxxxd down all day.. At least I had plenty of time to play with all the buttons etc. Due to the traffic etc. the car was in eco4 mode most of the time and returned 34mpg, so that's the economy side sorted..waiting for it to dry up now, then out for a run around Snowdonia.
Yea c'mon where's the photos :laugh:

Congratulations :tu:

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,822 Posts
Congratulations on getting your new 55. Enjoy!! Snowdonia has some great roads which will provide a better taste of the cars capabilities than the motorways. Look forward to seeing some photos. :smile:

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,658 Posts
Welcome. Hope to see you around North Wales some time!

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
3,842 Posts
Nice!
I bet you’re happy, I hope I’ll feel the same when I get myself a 55 soon.
It wasn’t the white one with black AMG multispokes from Harbour cars was it?
That is the only one i have looked at that that makes me want the 172 over the 171 lol

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,409 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.