Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
509 Posts
Finally got my deal on my 2005 SLK 55 AMG she's in her new home now, last four miles were in snow with a layer of ice below so a bit hairy but we made it, the best part is the wife's all in too :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Can't wait for summer!!!!!>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D There's a Lincoln MKS and a Mercedes SLK staring each other in the face for the next month and a half, I hope they don't fight.

My intro thread is here:

http://www.slkworld.com/new-members-introduce-yourself-here/489121-getting-my-new-me-2005-slk-55-amg.html

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,571 Posts
Cool!!
Congrats!!!
So what extras are on it? I see intake filters!

·
924 Posts
Interesting that filters are drawing warm less dense air from the engine bay and do they have more surface area than the stock arrangement? Nonetheless, great looking car!

Maya via Tapatalk

·
96,571 Posts
He is correct. change the positions on those bad boys

·
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Extras

Cool!!
Congrats!!!
So what extras are on it? I see intake filters!
Well she has the Lambo doors, custom lights (for better or worse), lots of carbon fiber trim, she has just under 49K on the clock everything but the fog lamps and add on LED DRLs work, she's 13 years old going on 14 soon and in great shape for her age, she's joining a family of 5 other vehicles so she won't be over worked, but my favorite option is she was paid for the day I drove her off the lot so she's mine all mine. >:D>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D I have many things I'd like to do to her but she has to share my time and resources with her brothers and sisters but living in the moment I'm happy as a lark and one day and one improvement and a time lies ahead for her.

·
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hot Air Intakes

Interesting that filters are drawing warm less dense air from the engine bay and do they have more surface area than the stock arrangement? Nonetheless, great looking car!

Maya via Tapatalk
You definitely have a point when warmer weather rolls around but she purrs like a kitten and runs like a scalded cat in 20 degree winter weather I'll definitely look into the benefits and drawbacks to the "cold" air intakes that yes, looks like they're going to be drawing in warm air. The combination of the unrestricted throttle body and exhaust is quite a delightful sound. We have cold air intakes on three vehicles and every one of them seems to be located on the engine compartment but they definitely from my experience increase CFM air flow through the intake. Thanks for calling it out, it's definitely something to consider and look into.

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,658 Posts
i wondered what that bright light was out to the West!

Must be a new 55 owners grin reflecting the light!

:)

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,724 Posts
Hi All
Welcome from the centre of England , We are 7 years in & still lovingly it.

Cheers

Andy

·
924 Posts
People like K&N do an induction kit for some cars but I don't think there is room to run a large enough bore pipe to fresh air on the 55. The original set up appears to do a pretty good job at addressing this by running ducts from above the rad. Trial and error I guess. Anyhow, glad your happy with the car. Had mine about 5 years and it will probably see me out since I still cannot think of anything affordable/compact/versatile/driveable and mad of course! Mind you, I am a bit of an ancient old petrolhead girl!

·
96,571 Posts

·
96,571 Posts
Ooerrr JB. It aint half complicated. Comments seem to have hit some fertile ground nonetheless?
But you are not the mods that have to move em over :D
Plus I have to differentiate between
Great new car
and
Welcome to the forum
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.