Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Finally picked her up this afternoon, so had a nice top down drive home. Just spent an hour inside reading through the manual working things out and seeing what's what.

Couldn't get my daughter out of it and she's now saying it's hers.... She's not even 3 yet!

Pics to come but it's not letting me upload from my iPhone.

One quick question though - where is the locking wheel nut kept?

Thanks!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,379 Posts
pics from apple products sometimes hard

Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.

locking wheel nut?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Curro.

I had a quick look around the spare wheel and tools etc but didn't spot it. Maybe I need to open all the bags up and look inside.

·
96,379 Posts
you guys get locking wheel nuts?

·
96,379 Posts
Trying to remember when I had my r170 in 2002 if i had locking nuts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I would go back to dealer or private owner u brought it from and see if they have forgotten to give you the locking nut. Failing that try getting in touch with the ex owner on your v5 see if they had one. Other then that its probably back to the M B dealer to get a copy. Mine was in the dashboard rolling around making lots of noise so he put it in tool bag in the boot.
Good luck and hope u find it.
Over here in the uk if your wheels are not locked you usually end up on bricks !! >:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Regarding the missing locking wheel nut, I found myself in the same position. I went to the local MB parts department which had a set of all possible options. They were good enough to remove all four locking bolts and replaced them with ordinary bolts. Given how common alloys are nowadays, I think the risk of theft is much reduced - hope I don't live to regret that!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.