Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this has been asked before but here i go anyway..

I have phone cradle in armrest for my Nokia, byut i have two phones and would like bluetooth installed. how do i go about changing and is it expensive?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does my mB dealer provide this service of upgrade? scared to ask to hear the price off them.

D

·
0 Posts
To go from pre-wired to installed takes about an hour to be honest but it appears most dealers charge for a day at the least and i have no idea why.

If you are already running a phone then you can get the bluetooth puck and fit it yourself it goes in place of the cradle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mercedes have released a new bluetooth cradle (HFP) not (SAP). Part number is B67875877. This pretty much works with most of the phones out on the market . We tested it on 15 different phones which were not listed as being compatible with it and it worked fine .

I don't know whether it will accept 2 phones at once however , but it is a very reliable new system from Mercedes.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Mercedes have released a new bluetooth cradle (HFP) not (SAP). Part number is B67875877. This pretty much works with most of the phones out on the market . We tested it on 15 different phones which were not listed as being compatible with it and it worked fine .

I don't know whether it will accept 2 phones at once however , but it is a very reliable new system from Mercedes.
Thank you for sharing, unfortunatley 2-3 months ago I purchased the SAP UHI

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

great info thanx.:tu:
DAn i think i'll buy this piece of kit and i have a good friend who is an expert in fitting these things. just remove old cradle and swap for the bluetooth thing correct?

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
DAn i think i'll buy this piece of kit and i have a good friend who is an expert in fitting these things. just remove old cradle and swap for the bluetooth thing correct?
Yes, Thats it basically and congradulations in advance.

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah thats it mate i mean you could do it yourself if you wanted i'm sure.

Its basically plug and play afterall.

Oh and hi Jon A where you based mate?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I havn't done a n00bie thread yet , however I will get round to it.

I'm based in NW london .

I work for Mercedes Benz in the Parts dept, so with matter like this if I can be any help, I will try my best .

D

·
0 Posts
Hi, I havn't done a n00bie thread yet , however I will get round to it.

I'm based in NW london .

I work for Mercedes Benz in the Parts dept, so with matter like this if I can be any help, I will try my best .
Now if i could just remember the names of the dealers in London!

I am tech director for a Merc indy so i tend to get the chance to do a bit of everything but service is my main field.

Anyways better not go too far off topic i look forward to your thread and until then welcome to SLKWorld!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.