Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2009 SLK300 & am trying to learn how to use the command center (or whatever it is called) I have the basic one, not the one with navigation. Anyway, I got my phone paired & can make calls... but I cannot figure out how to store/save the numbers (with names). When I select "Name" it just says the phonebook is empty. So... does anyone know what i need to do? The manual is pretty vague in this area. I tried downloading vcards but that didn't work either.

Thanks for any help.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, this is my first post.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Welcome slhansen219 from a few miles north.

Sometimes it depends on the software version on your moble phone. What type of phone do you have?

Others that are more knowledgable and familiar with the facelift models should be able to help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding so fast. I have a Motorola Razr V3 with T-Mobile. Have no idea what that software version is, but the phone is almost 2 years old. I have up on downloading the contacts & am hoping there is a manual way to enter them into the command center. Seems there should be but I sure can't figure it out!!

Thanks.

·
19,400 Posts
I'm not familiar with the new COMAND (NTG 2.5), but IIRC there's a way to upload the names and phone nos. into the new COMAND. Motorola V3 should be fine, the phone book shows up when it's paired and you're in the TEL menu, right?

Lets wait for others to chime in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Eddy...hopefully there's a way to do it. My hubby read the instructions & he didn't see anything about it either. If I don't get any help here, maybe MBLN can help me.... OR...i'll just drive my car to you & have you fix it!! :hail:

·
19,400 Posts
Perhaps UK-C200 or others may know.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
547 Posts
I believe the OP has an Audio 20 and not COMAND. Don't know if that makes a difference in the facelift cars.

·
19,400 Posts
I believe the OP has an Audio 20 and not COMAND. Don't know if that makes a difference in the facelift cars.
For slhansen219, the basic one (similar to A20) has a smaller screen, whereas the COMAND has a screen that is 3"x5 1/2". Let us know which one you have or post a photo.

·
19,400 Posts
I wonder if WhiteRabbit or Jbanks can help out as they have the 2009 models.

·
19,400 Posts

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,434 Posts
Welcome from Oregon. Wish I could be of help, but the dealer loaded ours when we picked it up. He showed us so much at once about the car that I did not see what he was doing. But it seems to me that when the phone was linked up to the car all the phone numbers in it transferd as well.

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
My 2006 SLK 350 with comand just does HFP and basically it just connects and transfers phone book. Nothing can be stored in the comand itself. But again, that is for the 2006 model.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,419 Posts
Unless you have comand, i really don't believe you can download the addresses. do you have the separate comand manual? if not, i don't think you have comand. but i have been wrong before.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Unless you have comand, i really don't believe you can download the addresses. do you have the separate comand manual? if not, i don't think you have comand. but i have been wrong before.
Using the instructions for relevant to her phone, we have successfully loaded addresses from my wife's Sony Ericsson phone in our (2009) Audio 20. The addresses/names turn up on the dash display when you select the phone page etc...So it is possible without Command..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guess I have a lot to try out today!! I don't know what module I have, just that it does not have the NAV.

Here is a picture from the manual which is identical to my audio system.

I tired updating my phone software but my phone is out of warranty so they won't support it.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Looks like an Audio 20 unit to me, same as in our 09 200.. I have a V3i but haven't tried to get my adresses into the Audio unit. I'm not home again quite a while so I can't go and try it sorry..

One question, is your phone a V3 or a V3i ? There are some differences between these although they look similar.

·
19,400 Posts
Guess I have a lot to try out today!! I don't know what module I have, just that it does not have the NAV.

Here is a picture from the manual which is identical to my audio system.

I tired updating my phone software but my phone is out of warranty so they won't support it.
I think this is the A25, new designation no.? (instead of the old A20). Definitely not COMAND.

I think T-Mobile should update the software on the mobile phone as free support service.

When in the TEL mode, and the bluetooth is working (i.e., paired), the phone book should load up (although not stored in the audio head unit), it mainly downloads the names and phone nos. from the mobile phone, sometimes it takes a few seconds to a minute to do this.

Did you follow the procedure for sending and receiving vcards as in the link posted by GeeJay?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OMG.... I don't know how I managed to do it... but I fiddled around for a few minutes & was able to load my contacts one at a time. It's a miracle!! Although I had my bluetooth paired & working, there was another bluetooth component that needed to be activated or something. Anyway... thank you everyone for your help & suggestions!

·
19,400 Posts
OMG.... I don't know how I managed to do it... but I fiddled around for a few minutes & was able to load my contacts one at a time. It's a miracle!! Although I had my bluetooth paired & working, there was another bluetooth component that needed to be activated or something. Anyway... thank you everyone for your help & suggestions!
Glad it's sorted.

"Import contacts" maybe?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.