Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really wanted to post this in the "Performance Upgrade" thread, just for fun. But I decided that my humor might not be appreciated by the wrenches there.

So, I'm looking for everyone's preferred aftermarket (Benz or off-brand) solution for the missing link to my R170 driving experience. That is...What is your favorite travel mug that actually fits in the factory cup holder? I've been on a quest to find the right travel mug for as long as I've owned the car...2.5 years. The mugs I've tried are either: too fat and dont fit at all, or too thin and tall and wobble precariously, or have a handle too low and dont set in properly, etc. I've even tried two different MB brand mugs, (one with a wood-grain look that I was tricked into before realizing that it was cheap and tacky photo-print cheesyness. The other a nice looking one with a black MB logo on a flat black ceramic) neither of which worked for reasons mentioned above.

It seems like the R170 cup holder is designed for Starbucks to-go cups only, ideally in the 8oz single-shot size (Perhaps it's a corporate partnership agreement). But I'd like a travel mug, preferably 16 oz, insulated, that stays in place in the cup-holder, and looks great with my black R170 (black, satin black, black leather, brushed stainless, CNC machined titanium. you get my drift.

Send Pics!

·
Super Moderator
11,867 Posts
Not sure you should put ANYTHING in that cup holder. Too many stories about electrics getting fried because something spilled.

IIRC, there are after market holders that fit on the side of the transmission tunnel in the passenger footwell. There are posts on site that reference that.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,112 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts