Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Interested to hear about your experience after registering extra horse power with your insurance companies.

After your performance modding for extra horses - however you have done it - what was your result on your insurance premiums? If any.

Has it made a difference to your insurance costs? SHOULD the insurance company be notified by law? Is the law different in different countries?

Interested to hear what you experienced.

Thanks,

Jo

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hello all,

Interested to hear about your experience after registering extra horse power with your insurance companies.

After your performance modding for extra horses - however you have done it - what was your result on your insurance premiums? If any.

Has it made a difference to your insurance costs? SHOULD the insurance company be notified by law? Is the law different in different countries?

Interested to hear what you experienced.

Thanks,

Jo

Nothing here in Alberta, Canada for my ECU tune. The insurance rep on the phone kept saying it doesn't matter. I had to force him to put a note on file. Didn't want any problems down the road if one of those unthinkable type of things ever happened.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It depends on insurance company as to if they will load your premium.

ALWAYS declare everything as insurance companies will do anything to get out of paying out on a claim.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree...always a good idea to inform them. You never know.

As far as our experience goes with our insurance company (USAA) here in Germany, we informed them and it made NO difference to the cost of our insurance at all. No increase.

She said that any mod under $5,000 would not make a difference.

(That made me think.....what kinda mod would cost $5,000 ????!!!):surprise:

Any more feedback from the community? Interested to hear how it works in different countries.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,275 Posts
headers and ecu tune would approach 4k with labor. add camshafts and boom, u r there

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.