Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

No Reserve: 1978 Ford Pinto Runabout
CURRENT BID: $1,978 ENDS IN: 7 Days....:surprise::surprise: I am tempted to bid on it just to put a clean affordable Classic back in my Garage. The Comments are priceless.:laugh::laugh:

This 1978 Ford Pinto Runabout was reportedly ordered and owned by a Ford dealer in Frackville, Pennsylvania, who placed it into storage in 1987. The car was acquired by the seller from the estate of the dealership owner in August 2013. It is finished in blue over a blue interior and is powered by a 2.3-liter inline-four paired with a three-speed automatic transmission. Reported maintenance performed in September 2013 included new shocks and transmission fluid and filter changes. This Pinto is now offered at no reserve with service records and a clean Maryland title in the seller’s name.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1978-ford-pinto-runabout/

·
Super Moderator
11,045 Posts
I had a '76 wagon 2.3L 4 on the floor. Loved that car as it was my first NEW car. Only the sedans had the exploding gas tank, not the wagon.

This looks exactly like mine

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a '76 wagon 2.3L 4 on the floor. Loved that car as it was my first NEW car. Only the sedans had the exploding gas tank, not the wagon.
Do you remember what you paid for it back in the days? If the auction hits 5 or 6 K for the blue one that is one solid investment ....:smile:

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
I suffered through a family pinto... From learning to dive a micro bus to this car - quite a change. Changing gears with the VW was like stirring a witches brew in a 3' pot - this car has a shift gate! I felt like a surgeon. However, you could still see the Budweiser logo on the inside of paper-thin hood.

·
Premium Member
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I suffered through a family pinto... From learning to dive a micro bus to this car - quite a change. Changing gears with the VW was like stirring a witches brew in a 3' pot - this car has a shift gate! I felt like a surgeon. However, you could still see the Budweiser logo on the inside of paper-thin hood.
Ah the old days no Gps Cell Phones and computers in the car..... Funny looking back now.... we all survived it just fine our children grew up been a bit not so normal playing with lead paint and hitting that metal dash really did not hurt too bad. Overall it gave us character something that is missing these days.:grin::grin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts