Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have a problem with the passenger window on my R171, 2006. I have searched the forums but can't find the answer.

I left the window open one evening (bad mistake) and off course it threw it down all night. I only realised the window was open when I got in the car to go to work in the morning and it was very wet inside :crying:

I tried to raise the window but it started to go up and down on it's own, like a thing possessed! Eventually, it went all the way up. At work through the day however, the window gradually went down (on it's own) and when I got home it was all the way down and would not go up. The opening got covered for the evening.

In the morning on my way to work, I pressed the window switch and the window went up! However, since then, it won't got up or down and does not drop the cm when opening the doors.

I have changed the window switch and disconnected the earth terminal for an hour but still the same.

When I press the window switch up or down, I can hear a click in the door. I'm sure it's not the motor as the window did go up.

Any help / assistance would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks, Keith

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,497 Posts
Keith, have you ever synched the windows?

·
93,497 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Jeff, I have. Hopefully I am doing it correctly. I opened the drivers window (only window the works), the wound the window up using both switches and held the switch in the closing position for 30 seconds but the window still does not work.

·
93,497 Posts
Hi Jeff, I have. Hopefully I am doing it correctly. I opened the drivers window (only window the works), the wound the window up using both switches and held the switch in the closing position for 30 seconds but the window still does not work.
per owner's manual

procedure is

open door
get in
close door
start car
open windows
close windows
hold close window switch 2 seconds until 'click'
done

:D

you can also try a battery reset

·
Super Moderator
24,779 Posts
The DCM is just below where the mirror mounts on each door.

If lucky, may just need drying out. If you open the door fully and look at
the plastic crescent shape (about half size small dinner plate) it just pops out.

You can see the module behind and reach some of the connections.
Have a look if it shows signs of having been hit by water.

Not expensive to replace. (Forget how much, but not a bank killer).

Check pelican parts for an idea (in $ but gives you a ball park target.).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just went and tried that but didn't work. Done a battery reset on Friday. Looks like to DCM. Won't be making that mistake again. Going to nag the family now for donations! Thanks for your advice Jeff.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Many thanks for the info. I am going to do that tomorrow. Hopefully will need drying as you say. Will update the post when done. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Remove dcm an place it in a jar with rice.
You might be lucky. Shame you are so far away i could scan your car and see the problem, dec cdm, lost coding.
Or it is a matter of initial start up for the dcm to relearn values.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
An update. Removed the door card and the DCM was wet. Removed and dried, refitted but still not working. Looks like a new DCM needed. Then a recode. £££

Looked for used DCM but can't find one.

Thanks for all the advice people.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts