Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I hope you can help as I am now panicking a bit.

I had a problem with my passenger door not locking/unlocking with the key and button inside. Also the wing mirror glass wouldn't adjust either.

I had removed the door control unit and cleaning up the contacts inside it and everything works apart from when I close the door the glass doesn't move up the 5mm it is supposed to. It worked before.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you

Peter

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for replying

I have just tried that, however it closes fully once after everything has been disconnected, and I try pressing the closer button again then it immediately opens that extra 5mm. Then I can do it again.
Do I have to do both windows at the same time.

Peter

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
no, you do not have to do both windows at the same time

check the procedure in your owner's manual as above

if still does not work

disconnect the battery (neg cable) for a minimum of 30 mins
reconnect
synch again and reset clock

try windows

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jeff

I have good news :) I have stopped panicking.

When i tried it for the 4th time, i disabled the smarttop. I think this helped as it now closes when i close the door.
I initially didn't think it worked as i didn't have the plastic trim on around the catch, so it wasn't pressing the close switch. When i pressed the switch the windows closed :)

I am going to have a beer now.

Thank you for your help

Peter

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
Peter! That's great. If I had known you had the SmartTop, I would have mentioned that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You weren't too know. It only dawned on me when I was try to synchronise the windows and I thought the system must be trying to learn the end points for the window travel. I then thought that maybe the smarttop was interfering with the messages, It was. I guess this is the reason you need to disable it when the car goes to the mechanics.

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
more so that they do not one touch the roof button and it starts opening or closing and might hit something if, let's say, it is up on a lift

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.