Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the UK (right hand drive) so I'll try not to make this too confusing.

I *think* my passenger mirror is fitted with the wrong glass. It is completely useless and I can't see a thing in it. However, it has the two zone thing with the line down about a third of the way from the outside. I have only seen this on a driver's mirror. I wonder if someone has fitted the wrong glass??

Can anybody confirm what the correct passenger mirror looks like (two zone or single zone).

Also, it has stopped moving up and down anyway. Any insight on where these go wrong or am I looking for a complete replacement mirror?

Any help much appreciated.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,349 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.

usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,349 Posts
what model car do you have? r170 or r171? year?

drivers and passenger sides on r171 are not split but drivers side that has autodimming has a different look to it and heated also

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome PurpleBlob.

IIRC, some Euro-spec vehicles do come with the split or dual-zone (regular and wide-angle) outside rear-view mirrors. It may be available for both driver and passenger side.

This link may help to check the connections to the rear-view mirror motor, if you have the R171.

Check the mirror to see if it has a bloack plastic moulding around it. This will indicate that it is auto-dimming feature and the wires may not have been connected when the mirror was replaced, or wrong type of mirror installed.

·
Registered
604 Posts
you might have the self dimming version on the drivers side. notorious for failing and turning a dark color and being useless same thing was available on the inside rear view mirror

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The driver's side is great it's the passenger side that's useless. I have to reverse up a long narrow drive to my house every day and it's a bit scary :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.