Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
*Registered
2004 SLK350
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all.

I had the delight of coming to my car this morning only to find my passenger door didn't unlock.

I straight away came on here and searched around and found out that its very likely my mirror doesn't work either - which is correct!

Now I've read quite a few threads on this, but they all seem to be a few years old now.

So I was hoping to get some sort of confirmation about what I need to do now that this seems to have been experienced by a few members.

From what I gather, check fuses 27 and 28 first. Unplug battery for 30mins second (on that note, how does one reset windows etc once I've connected it again?). And finally assume it is the door control module?

Luckily I do have a warranty on my car so if it is the latter, I may be able to get some money from the garage I bought it from :)

Thanks again for your wisdom

Sam

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts
per your owner's manual :)D), reset/synch windows by opening windows, closing windows, then hold the up/close buttons for about 2 more seconds. Done!

·
*Premium Member
2004 SLK200K
10,777 Posts
If it was just one fault or the other there's a possibility that it might have been a frayed wire in the loom from the cabin to the door, but as it's both, yep, it's more likely to be the module ....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.