Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered sold my 2014 SLK250 CDI
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all you SLK experts I have a question about the front passenger airbag. How do you switch it on and off, most of my other cars have a key switch to turn it on and off , but upto now I cannot find one, any help accepted gladly.:smile::smile::smile:

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,306 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
there' isn't a switch for US models, at least not that I know off. there's a press sensor in the seat and if it does not sense higher than a specific weight, it turns the airbag off automatically.

·
Registered sold my 2014 SLK250 CDI
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
passenger airbag

Its for the odd occasion i have to put a baby seat in for the grand kids.:smile:

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,306 Posts
they make special seats that 'talk' to the seat and do it for you :D

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
2001 SLK320
947 Posts
The sensor in the passenger seat looks for a person about average weight of a 12 yr old as I understand it.
If it senses less it will pop up a warning the passenger side air bag is turned off and suggestion to check the owner's manual. In there there is a reset procedure.
How I know this is that a lady who wanted a ride in my new car last week must have sat oddly such that her weight was not fully on the sensor and the bag was shut off.
They write these manuals for a reason.

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
38 Posts
passenger air bag on a 2001 SLK 320

On my 2001 it will not turn air bag off automatic no matter what the person weighs child or adult unless you have the MB baby seat.I guess the newer ones you can but how about my 2001? How can I turn it off?Want to ride my grandbaby now that she weighs 23lbs.

·
Registered 2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
On my 2001 it will not turn air bag off automatic no matter what the person weighs child or adult unless you have the MB baby seat.I guess the newer ones you can but how about my 2001? How can I turn it off?Want to ride my grandbaby now that she weighs 23lbs.
Maybe try posting in the Mk I (R170 section)? Someone there will know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.