Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am parting out a 1998 SLK 230. However, I do not have the front end but I pretty much have everything else. I still have the convertible top, trunk, fenders, and much more. Just message me for any parts you may want and I will get back to you asap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SLK Parts

Yes I do have the coffee cup holder, and what color did you want the headliner to be? It might be silver but I will have to go to the shop and check it out to make sure.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Hi Leo . . . I have a 2000 SLK 230 and need 3 lens, the right rear tail lens (assembly?), the right front fog lamp lens, and the right front directional signal lens (if it is separate from the headlamp lens?) . . . if you have any of these parts would they fit my 2000? . . . and I am in California, so shipping expense is something to consider. Thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi, sorry to hear a part-out is necessary. When you get to stripping the back-end I wonder if you can help me with information on the differential (ring-gear) gear ratio in your car please?

I have the manual gearbox version of the R170 230, sadly with a worryingly noisy differential so need to find a replacement diff. I live in Europe or could be looking to buy your differential but distance and a dearth of information on the differing (or perhaps uniform) gear ratios in the R170 cars (200 & 230 with auto and/or manual boxes) prevents me from knowing what part-outs to look at. Can you help me with your ratio, please?

I hear that each differential MAY have its ratio stamped on the case …….. it would also help me if you could confirm that!

Thanks in anticipation

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks very much Leo - but do you know whether that "rule" applies to all R170's? If my ratio is 3.27, as I suspect, is there no autoboxed cars using 3.27 diff gearing? Further I'm hoping someone might know whether the 200 manual-boxed Kompressors also used a 3.27 rear end? All info much appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
need parts

Hey guys I am parting out a 1998 SLK 230. However, I do not have the front end but I pretty much have everything else. I still have the convertible top, trunk, fenders, and much more. Just message me for any parts you may want and I will get back to you asap.
Hi I need the top locking cylinder
170-800-0072-OE even if was leaking I can fix.

I also need some heater a/c parts. We can discuss I'll research the nrs

I can be contacted here or by email [email protected].

Terry Westenberger

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,599 Posts
Terry,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

also see out next meet:

http://www.slkworld.com/u-s-southeast-region/22834-fantasy-flight.html

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Registered
73 Posts
Leo - ref my request for a 3.27 ratio differential ........... I've establish I need a 3.46 ratio which only come from 230 SLK's with a manual gearbox. Did your car have a manual box?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,599 Posts

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry to hear about the part out...do you have the center console bezel? And what color/type is it? light wood, carbon fiber, etc? This is the area where AC controls, radio, and bottom controls are. Also the panel around the shifter.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.