Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered 2002 SLK32 AMG/2000 SLK200
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Can anyone give me the part number for the large smooth idler pulleys, there is one mounted to the engine block and the other one I need is the smooth pulley on the tensioner. Both these pulleys look identical with a groove in the centre of them running the complete way around the pulley. I bought some pulleys from an online seller who listed them for the SLK32 AMG but they are smaller in diameter, I reckon these ones I got were for a SLK320 and the seller does not know the difference between the SLK32 AMG and the SLK320. This seller also appears not to be the only one who seems not to know the difference looking at other sellers online.

Cheers Neil.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,297 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
889 Posts
Hi Guys

Can anyone give me the part number for the large smooth idler pulleys, there is one mounted to the engine block and the other one I need is the smooth pulley on the tensioner. Both these pulleys look identical with a groove in the centre of them running the complete way around the pulley. I bought some pulleys from an online seller who listed them for the SLK32 AMG but they are smaller in diameter, I reckon these ones I got were for a SLK320 and the seller does not know the difference between the SLK32 AMG and the SLK320. This seller also appears not to be the only one who seems not to know the difference looking at other sellers online.

Cheers Neil.
Do some research. A club member charged pulley sizes with a smaller one on the blower so it runs faster. More air allows more fuel bigger bang!

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK350
4,761 Posts
Hi Guys

Cheers Neil.
A1122020119

tensioner on my program cames as one part
A1122001070

·
Registered 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
2,895 Posts
Do some research. A club member charged pulley sizes with a smaller one on the blower so it runs faster. More air allows more fuel bigger bang!
And a really big BANG when the Con Rod's let go and exit the Cylinder Block >:D

The 320 V6 Kompressor Engine is nowhere near as strong / tolerant to Boost increase as it's sibling M113 5.4 litre V8 motor is :wink:

I saw the results at the AMG Factory a few years back when I got invited for a personal closed shop tour via a couple of new found buddies who I met testing at Nurburgring ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
889 Posts
And a really big BANG when the Con Rod's let go and exit the Cylinder Block >:D

The 320 V6 Kompressor Engine is nowhere near as strong / tolerant to Boost increase as it's sibling M113 5.4 litre V8 motor is :wink:

I saw the results at the AMG Factory a few years back when I got invited for a personal closed shop tour via a couple of new found buddies who I met testing at Nurburgring ;) ;) ;)

Well I guess this guy has a surprise coming his way then, He lives up island so we don't see him regularly but comes to our fund raiser car show every summer now for 4 yr and the engine is still together. I don't think we are talking huge boost increase.

·
Registered 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
2,895 Posts
Hi @Alex 3 ,

lol if your buddy hasn't gone too silly it will stand a meaningful increase, but nowhere near the almost 2 Bar you can run through the 55K engines with "reasonable" safety and a few more mods ;)

Those AMG development guys are animals, trust me, after I'd seen some of their projects I was in awe and small wonder they destroy a fair few Engines when developing and testing .............

By the end of the week I spent there they had given me a tour of their facility at Affalterbach, plus a different Pulley and a USB Stick with a new Flash File, they reckon I'll get 215 mph "at least" :biglaugh:

The S55K definitely feels a lot better up the top end now, I'm hoping to go back to Nordschleif next year and prove them right :grin:

Way too much Beer and Frikadellen was consumed that week, lap times were mediocre at best, 8:25 averages, one of my mates was a fair bit quicker in his Lister Jaguar V12, but I didn't want to crash my Car as we were driving it down to Le Mans for the 24 hr the following week !!

After a few days getting familiar, (NOT) lol , I was more interested what she would do flat out before braking hard for Metzgesfeld, which is your best chance as an amateur for outright top end ...............

I got clocked there at 198 MPH, which was PDG for an otherwise stock 55K, just de restricted and SDS optimised Engine >:D

That was what got the AMG fellas attention, they were clocking 2 of their own Cars through that section and so later in the day they came and started asking me questions, and we have been great buddies ever since.
They also taught me a new trick with my Car, you can put the ESP into "Dyno Mode", so it is COMPLETELY switched off just using a sequence of Steering Wheel Buttons :grin:

I did try it, but the bloody thing is way too wild, almost un-driveable, definite Crash waiting to happen lol

I'd say that whole fortnight was one of the best and most memorable "Boy's and Toys" holidays I've ever had in my entire life, and I've been to a few great places here and there :grin:

Cheers for now, "Off Topic Dave" >:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts