Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

the "over-centre" springs in the foldlets of the rear parcel shelf are becoming weak and preventing the foldlets from clipping in their holders properly when closed or open, one side worse than the other but would like to replace both.

Can someone please give me the part number for these springs.

cheers
NicW

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts
do you have your vin or do i have to track it down? :D
also update your profile with model year.

see, you slowing me down :D

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts
part 200?

Attachments

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts
give me your vin to make sure

Attachments

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts
Here ya go!!

same part number

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

its not clear to me from that parts list which the spring (200) is, the only part mentioning spring is ", SPRING CLIP" which suggests its the clips that hold the spring assembly one, and as the qty is 2, that makes sense as each side has 2 clips.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts
they sometimes call things that are obviously what we want them to be called something completely different. they look like springs to me but you see what they are called.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts
left and right from the parts list, 1 each :D

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts
Hope that will do ya!

·
*Premium Member
2009 SLK55 AMG
14,666 Posts
My rear wing flaps seems too floppy to me! They were covered under my extended warranty at 1st. Now they don't think it qualifies not sure why? They replaced like a rubber band only but not the entire assembly, they still sink slightly just with a small finger tap. I've never had this problem with my SLK 320, or SLK 300. Is this A SLK 55 issue?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts
Don't touch em Don :D
when i clean my rear (yes I know what I said :D), I am careful not too put too much pressure on the corner flaps

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My rear wing flaps seems too floppy to me! They were covered under my extended warranty at 1st. Now they don't think it qualifies not sure why? They replaced like a rubber band only but not the entire assembly, they still sink slightly just with a small finger tap. I've never had this problem with my SLK 320, or SLK 300. Is this A SLK 55 issue?
They are the same in all R171, however at some point they were re-designed, if you look at the pictures of the current ones under that part number they are obviously different and have a beefier spring in them. The ones in mine have a fairly weak springs which is why its very easy for it to pop out of the clip holder with slight downward pressure. When they get too weak like mine the spring does not have enough force to keep the flap high enough to line up the clip so it falls outside of the clip holder.

you may be lucky to have the later versions or yours have not weakened yet.

nic

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.