Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like I'm getting screwed over by the local dealer. I paid to get my car checked on the diagnostic system and they told me I needed part

000-542-65-18

Well I ordered the part online and just now had time to try to put it in. I tear my car apart and I can't for the life of me find that part, and it looks like my car doesn't use that yaw sensor. So I called them back to tell them they gave me the wrong part number and now they gave me a different one entirely:

Which I can't find anywhere online. Anyone familiar with this part, what it's called, and if there's a different part number I can search for online?

Thanks.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,187 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I feel like I'm getting screwed over by the local dealer. I paid to get my car checked on the diagnostic system and they told me I needed part

000-542-65-18

Well I ordered the part online and just now had time to try to put it in. I tear my car apart and I can't for the life of me find that part, and it looks like my car doesn't use that yaw sensor. So I called them back to tell them they gave me the wrong part number and now they gave me a different one entirely:

Which I can't find anywhere online. Anyone familiar with this part, what it's called, and if there's a different part number I can search for online?

Thanks.
parts.com lists that as an ABS sensor and a pretty expensive one at that.

I'm not at the shop right now so I can't check EPC or WIS, but I'll see if I can get a better idea for you tomorrow.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] and I can probably get you some photos of location and such.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.