Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
*Registered
2007 SLK350
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting the 2 red led error light with my Parktronic and after reading lots of posts on here I can not get a conclusive answer so here goes.
I have an Icarsoft MB reader which is giving me live values on the front sensors that change as I move near to the sensors but the rear sensors just read 255 and do not react. I assume from this that the error leds are for the rear sensors as they only come on in reverse and not in drive. As all 4 rear sensors read 255 does that imply the error is with the Parktronic control unit or the wiring going to it from the rear sensors as I would expect if it was a faulty sensor that only the faulty one would read 255 and the others would change reading as I move near them.

Any input welcome.

·
*Registered
2004 SLK350
241 Posts
I had the “255” on 1 sensor….I fixed it by spraying WD40 on sensor and connector….I would start with spraying all connectors and sensors….easy fix that worked for me

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Administrator (Canada)
20,475 Posts
I had the “255” on 1 sensor….I fixed it by spraying WD40 on sensor and connector….I would start with spraying all connectors and sensors….easy fix that worked for me

Might be better off using proper electrical contact cleaners. WD40 leaves a residue when the carrier dries and well........

·
*Registered
2010 SLK55 AMG
859 Posts
NEVER use WD40 or 5-56 or similar products on electronics!! They're petrolium based and will, over time destroy circuit boards, components etc etc..

Basically, those products are not CLEANERS, they're LUBRICANTS!

·
*Registered
2004 SLK350
241 Posts
Well….works for me ….for years on all my vehicles….
Remember what “WD” stands for….
I don’t use it to clean but to get water out and it does a great job for me….still have a brand new sensor on my shelf….don’t need it anymore

1 - 5 of 5 Posts