Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I will try and keep the story as short as possible.

For a while now been having the double red warning lights and extremely annoying warning tone when starting the car and putting it into gear.

They would pretty much start working again before I stopped at the end of my drive.

This had been pretty irregular but over the last few weeks was happening more and more and staying "dead" for longer.
The noise was upsetting my daughter so I bit the bullet and took it to my local Indy. He stuck it on the computer and it came up with front left, inner left and inner right as faulty. He thought this was strange maybe a wiring problem.

Anyway he has got the car today and taken the bumper off and of course there is no problem they are all working fine.

Anybody else had this or do you think the act of removing the bumper has put the wiring issue right.

He is keeping the car tonight (not going anywhere anyway but now feel trapped of course) to do more checks tomorrow just wondered if there was anything else we should get him to check.

Thanks for any help

David

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi All,

I will try and keep the story as short as possible.

For a while now been having the double red warning lights and extremely annoying warning tone when starting the car and putting it into gear.

They would pretty much start working again before I stopped at the end of my drive.

This had been pretty irregular but over the last few weeks was happening more and more and staying "dead" for longer.
The noise was upsetting my daughter so I bit the bullet and took it to my local Indy. He stuck it on the computer and it came up with front left, inner left and inner right as faulty. He thought this was strange maybe a wiring problem.

Anyway he has got the car today and taken the bumper off and of course there is no problem they are all working fine.

Anybody else had this or do you think the act of removing the bumper has put the wiring issue right.

He is keeping the car tonight (not going anywhere anyway but now feel trapped of course) to do more checks tomorrow just wondered if there was anything else we should get him to check.

Thanks for any help

David
I have the same problem but they are working at the moment electrical gremlins are a pain

·
*Registered
2010 SLK55 AMG
205 Posts
:smile::smile:Hi, you're not alone. Mine is fine at the moment but occasionally plays up and shows the outer rear sensor at fault. Decided to live with it as it's OK a lot more than it isn't, I'll replace it when it gives up completely. I doubt you have anything more serious than an intermittent fault.:smile:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been a while but have had them fixed.

4 of the sensors were duff however, they would occasionally still work.

Sadly cost me a fortune - in my opinion.

300 notes for the diagnostics - the front bumper would not come off and needed drilling out and new bolts
609 sobs to fit the new ones

The upside was the warranty company paid for the sensors but not the re-painting so got 450 quid back.

Still very nasty

Love that they work again though - make my parking skills look a lot better now.

Like my names for £'s :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.