Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered 2009 SLK350
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning my interior a bit tonight after an unexpected windy top down drive.

I was wiping the dust in the parking brake hole, the area of the hole most towards the front of vehicle, something in that entry way appeared to break off!

It even jammed my parking brake a few minutes until it freed.

Now surely I will hear it rattling around whenever I drive *AND* dust will get into that hole.

Has anyone else had this happen? I"m thinking a dealership work on who knows what years ago might have weakened or damaged it because I barely touched it and it broke off.

Sadly, I can only imagine that it would be scary to try to fix it as you could easily mark up part of the interior trim in this area.

Thanks for any advice.

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,043 Posts
The part you're talking about just clips on

Take the shiftplate cover off (as a whole) and you should see it inder there somewhere - when you look at the underside of the cover you'll see where it snaps back into place

Happy Holidays!!

Reactions: etyu and mb911

·
Registered 2009 SLK350
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The part you're talking about just clips on

Take the shiftplate cover off (as a whole) and you should see it inder there somewhere - when you look at the underside of the cover you'll see where it snaps back into place

Happy Holidays!!
Thanks, I know many feel confident taking the shift plate cover off, I actually had studied that for some mod I was going to do once.

I'll have to read about it over and over again and maybe watch some videos if I can find it.

I just hope before I get it fixed, I can drive the car without this part getting lost. Right now I think, after you mentioned this, I was able to see the part through the hole.

Thanks so much Seanhump you eased my worry quite a bit, though since it's me, I don't know how well this will go. ha-ha!!!

Happy Holidays to you too, very kind of you to reply and help me out on this special day. Enjoy the holidays!!

·
*Registered
2006 SLK280
1,274 Posts
Sean's right, the little panel right under the E-brake handle does just snap in. Mine was loose in the trunk along with an antenna removal tool when Sunhilde was delivered almost two years ago. A check here confirmed what the part was; I snapped it in and it hasn't budged since. Pulling the shifter console is easy; I've done it multiple times...first when thoroughly cleaning the car after her arrival and later when applying a faux carbon fiber applique. Simples.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.