Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Indianapolis 500 and Chicagoland sections of the MBCA are
co-sponsoring the event described below. I alluded to it briefly in a previous post, but this post includes all pertinent details. Thought some of you in the midwest might like to join us!

Parke County Covered Bridge Tour– October 6th
Welcome! Included in the history of Indiana are the numerous famed covered bridges of Parke County, and the 500 Section of the Mercedes-Benz Club of America is planning a scenic Fall Foliage tour of many of the bridges in conjunction with folks from the Chicagoland Section. Our plan is to gather in Indianapolis and then caravan to Rockville, IN where we will meet the Chicagoland people at the Thirty-Six Saloon for lunch and conversation. Gastronomically satisfied, we will then head out on 2 of the loops to see the art, beauty, engineering, and architecture of bridges built by skilled craftsmen in the 19th century, before heading to our respective homes.
Non-members who appreciate the fine qualities of a Mercedes-Benz are cordially invited to join us on our Tour and we will be happy to answer any questions about joining the MBCA. We only ask that reservations be made as explained below and we need to know if you will be joining us in Indianapolis or Rockville so we can plan accordingly.

Here are the details:
Date: Saturday, Oct 6th Time: 9:45AM
Meeting Location: Burger King (1 mile West of 465 on Rockville Rd)
Lunch location: Thirty-Six Saloon, 108 E Ohio St, Rockville Lunch Time: 11:30AM EDT

Note: Some of the roads on our tour will not be paved, so expect to clean mud off your vehicle when you get home.

Reservations: Please make reservations by contacting Steven Rae at(317)328-8451 or [email protected] by Thursday, Oct 4th

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,465 Posts
Do you have any photos of this event Gregg? Don Owen Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts Car Club.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ended up not going due to achilles tendon tear a couple of days before the event......currently wearing very large moon boot until end of November. :(

I do have to put a plug in for MBCA and especially my local section......nice club and great group of enthusiasts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts