Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
i have park advanced at idle -16 ,and with live data go to -26 !!!
its normal ?
pls if can someone help if you dont mind,,
regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,437 Posts
At idle, most cars retard timing in order to smooth out the idle. The numbers you’re looking at are perfectly normal.

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At idle, most cars retard timing in order to smooth out the idle. The numbers you’re looking at are perfectly normal.

while driving in several conditions rpm reach 5000 and more ,sometimes reach -26 !!
its ok ?
thx a lot

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK 5.4 M113
1,433 Posts
That's 16 degrees before top dead center. Ignition advance is never a positive number or the engine will not run. this is how all engines work.

same with -26. most engines are happy at higher RPM's from -20 to -35 (degrees before Top Dead Center)

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,437 Posts
@Turdo2, I have actually seen some modern engines with diagnostic hooked up to it where occasionally I can sometimes have as much as 5° after TDC. It depends on load, fuel, altitude and a number of other factors. But generally, the numbers he is getting look to be correct.

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Turdo2, I have actually seen some modern engines with diagnostic hooked up to it where occasionally I can sometimes have as much as 5° after TDC. It depends on load, fuel, altitude and a number of other factors. But generally, the numbers he is getting look to be correct.

thx so much for yr kind reply ,,,
regards

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's 16 degrees before top dead center. Ignition advance is never a positive number or the engine will not run. this is how all engines work.

same with -26. most engines are happy at higher RPM's from -20 to -35 (degrees before Top Dead Center)

thx so much for yr reply
regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts