Mercedes SLK World banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did the roof this morning. Fairly easy as everyone has said, some clips came away when removing the old one but easily remedied. I think you have to be reasonably courageous in tackling this and pull fairly hard to get the clips out, but they do come out ok. Spent another half an hour checking that I had done it correctly! Can’t believe how good the result is with very little outlay.
Happy Christmas everyone.

·
Registered
47 Posts
uh, i've just looked through the decoded VIN of the car i'm about to buy and the following lines appear:

Release Date 2013-10-25

4U8 FIXED GLASS ROOF WITH INNER HEADLINER

91U ROOF INTERIOR TRIM, BLACK FOIL

so i guess no sunroof for me.

*but*

It's black foil.. on glass.
I mean, how hard could it be, to remove the foil and wipe off the adhesive? :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
So, mines a 2015 model and according to my data card I've got a "4U8 FIXED GLASS ROOF WITH INNER HEADLINER".

Does that mean I should see daylight if |I remove the head lining, or will I have this black foil liner.

Derek
look for
91U ROOF INTERIOR TRIM, BLACK FOIL
in your VIN decode

·
Registered
14 Posts
magic sky control question

I am wondering if the Magic Sky control goes bad? I am looking at buying a 2012 SLK and I have two different choices, one with the Magic Sky (Panoramic Roof) or one without.

I wanted to know if anyone has had problems with darkening feature. I live in Arizona, so I need the ability to make it dark in the summer.

Thanks for the insight.

ciao,
alec

·
Registered
2 Posts
MB dealer contacted me 2 days after I ordered to say it was in, removed the full headliner at home and fitted the new pano headliner in the dealers car park in about 5 minutes, but at £211 its an expensive piece of plastic but hey ho the wifes happy.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts