Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The remote for my car works to lock and unlock the car doors but when I hold the panic button down nothing happens, no lights flashing and no siren blaring.

Originally I thought the battery in the siren was bad so I switched it out with one known to be good and still nothing from the panic button. Then I put the original back in, locked the doors, waited 30 seconds, opened the door and the alarm screamed. So I know the siren is operational.

I checked the PSE and everything looked dry and basically brand new.

Not sure if this is related, but I have seen in the manual and on other SLKs how the lights are supposed to stay on at night after you park for like 20 seconds or something so you can see where you are going but this function also is not working in my car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Aw...my exact question but no answer...yet? Anyone know? I had a problem with my central locking and it turned out to be the PSE, but the PSE has been replaced - does it have any bearing/effect on external courtesy lights and/or audible door locking/panic alarm?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,326 Posts
this thread is 6 years old

start a new thread

update model n year n location
post an intro

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

First: Update your profile, model and year and location like this:

Top right, click on Account Details, then Account Settings,
Then in Location field, your ‘Location’.
In About you: model and year like: 2009 SLK 55 AMG

Then Save. Done!

Second: Post an introduction. It is like starting a conversation by saying 'Hello'.
Wondering what to say?
Look at other members introductions. Some are detailed, others are short.

Then claim your free gift!

FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.

http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Thank you
Jeff
Administrator/Founding Member

1 - 3 of 3 Posts