Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Premium Member 2017 SLC200
Discussion Starter #1
Panamirica
grille was fitted today by a local body shop, 拢60 inc VAT. That was a price I could not resist. Very pleased with the look apart from being able to see the cross member fairly clearly, due to it being white and the grille being black 馃え Not sure if I will be able to live with it, may have to do something at some point. Note to future fitters to white cars spray the cross member black whilst the bumper is off!

Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Looks good Jules, but I agree with your cross member opinion.
Yes Myk, I am not sure I will be able to live with it :unsure: The point of taking it to a body shop was so I did not have to take the bumper off, to do anything now means the bumper has got to come off. Shot myself in the foot really 馃槨

Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
Gave you a 'like' / wish we had a "sympathy" button though 馃槈

Premium Member 2014 SLK200
Yes Myk, I am not sure I will be able to live with it :unsure: The point of taking it to a body shop was so I did not have to take the bumper off, to do anything now means the bumper has got to come off. Shot myself in the foot really 馃槨
Phah! you could get a two inch brush through those gaps Jules. Tin of stone chip and job done ;)

Super Moderator 2013 SLK350
Looks like the version of Panamericana grill only had a back plate plastic to cover up the bottom 2 rows hence allowing the white bar to show. On the SLKs the plastic panel covered up bottom 3 rows, so no issue.

I hate to say it but you need that white bar painted if you plan to keep the new grill.

Discussion Starter #9
Looks like the version of Panamericana grill only had a back plate plastic to cover up the bottom 2 rows hence allowing the white bar to show. On the SLKs the plastic panel covered up bottom 3 rows, so no issue.

I hate to say it but you need that white bar painted if you plan to keep the new grill.
I quite agree. (y)

Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
-Do you know what, if it means the bumper does not have to come off I might even give that some consideration. :unsure: 馃槂
A long-un like this?

@Jules555 I have another task for you. Since you went with the all-black Panamericana grill, now that chromed front spoiler lip is just out there sorta out of place... so maybe use that paint brush or do a gloss black wrap to tidy things up.
IMG-001.jpg

Discussion Starter #13
@Jules555 I have another task for you. Since you went with the all-black Panamericana grill, now that chromed front spoiler lip is just out there sorta out of place... so maybe use that paint brush or do a gloss black wrap to tidy things up.
View attachment 592192
Yep, I agree, watch this space. (y)

Discussion Starter #14
If the star is removeable in the usual way there should be plenty of access to paint the cross member with care (y)
It is removable like the original, so that just might be the answer. Well done for thinking of that, it had not even crossed my mind. (y):)

Registered 2004 SLK320
Could you reach in and wrap it maybe? If you change back to the original you would just remove the wrap.

Julian (@Jules555), that looked awesome... what a difference it has made to your front fascia... (y) (y) (y)

Reactions: Jules555 and Col
1 - 18 of 18 Posts