Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
3,059 Posts
Be good to see it in person, but certainly looks good from the one picture. (y)

Certainly gives the car a bit more "presence" when up behind someone...!!

·
Registered 2011 SLK200-From Stuttgart, Germany
32 Posts
I`ve already ordered this Panamericana Grill with Chrome for my SLK R172 from 2011. Should arrive these dayz and I will try to change it as soon as possible :)

·
Registered 2012 SLK200
36 Posts
I`ve already ordered this Panamericana Grill with Chrome for my SLK R172 from 2011. Should arrive these dayz and I will try to change it as soon as possible :)
Where did you order it? I would appreciate a link.

Skickat från min MI PAD 4 PLUS via Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator 2013 SLK350
1,838 Posts
Reactions: SLK_BE

·
Registered 2011 SLK200-From Stuttgart, Germany
32 Posts

·
Registered 2018 SLC43
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks good, how easy is it to remove the old grill and fit this ?
Fairly easy to do, either loosen or remove panel under engine then I found it easier to remove wheels and loosen inner wheel arch and under each wheel arch there are 2 bolts to remove and one to loosen, the adjuster, then under bonnet the bolts holding grill in place, once front panel off there’s a wire to dissconnect and then its free.
its a bit tricky actually removing the grill from front but obviously it can be done.
Either have 2 persons to get front off or make sure you have some foam for it to drop onto.

·
Registered 2018 SLC43
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you have to remove the entire bumper to install the grille? Can you provide any details on the installation.
Yes had to take bumper totally off, see my post 2 up.

·
Registered 2012 SLK200
30 Posts
I did this on mine and had t take the bumper off completely. The part I found most difficult is the locating tags and getting them so that they would come apart. Ended up using a long thin flat bar from the front going through the grille. This then allowed the whole thing to come ff a side at a time. Be careful with the DRL connections. One of mine was stuck on and had a hell of a job getting it off.

If your getting your grille from CKS it comes in 2 parts. The bottom part is exactly the same as what is already fitted so didn't bother changing it out.

Must admit the car looks a lot better with the new grille.

·
Super Moderator 2013 SLK350
1,838 Posts
I did this on mine and had t take the bumper off completely. The part I found most difficult is the locating tags and getting them so that they would come apart. Ended up using a long thin flat bar from the front going through the grille. This then allowed the whole thing to come ff a side at a time. Be careful with the DRL connections. One of mine was stuck on and had a hell of a job getting it off.

If your getting your grille from CKS it comes in 2 parts. The bottom part is exactly the same as what is already fitted so didn't bother changing it out.

Must admit the car looks a lot better with the new grille.
There is a dedicated thread to showcase all SLKs with upgraded grilles

Feel free to add a picture of yours with the updated grille either in that thread or right here... that way we can document yours in the Hall of Fame list :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts