Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A nice end-of-year run up to Palomar Mountain in North-East San Diego county for Saturday December 28th. We'll do it at a relatively leisurely pace because I still have paint drying on my car :D.

The meeting point would be the North County Fair (CLICK!!) shopping mall in south Escondido. This mall is apparently also called Westfield North County Mall, but I'm old school. We'll meet up at 9:30AM, leaving at 10:00AM to start the drive.

This shows a general area to meet at the North County Shopping Center. There's two gas stations (Chevron and Shell) across the street from the parking area. It's best to fill up the tanks before meeting in the parking area:

We'll leave at 10:00am from the mall parking. The likely route will take us to Ramona, Old Julian Highway, Santa Ysabel and then looping around to Palomar Mountain. We can stop in Santa Ysabel if anyone wants to buy some of their famous bread. At the top of Palomar we can take a look at the telescope if people are interested. We can do lunch at Mother's Kitchen up on the mountain itself, or if people don't want to chance a vegetarian restaurant, go back to Escondido for the Stone Brewery or somesuch.

Weather forecast calls for party cloudy and low 70s right now. Hopefully that'll hold.

Hope to see everyone there on the 28th!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sounds like fun! I haven't been on an SLK run for some time, but my friends just got an R172, so hopefully they will be joining us! I will probably have 2 R170's along.

Roll-Call:

1 - Durkatlon
2 - SoCalSLKDude
3 -
4 -

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
[

Roll-Call:

1 - Durkatlon
2 - SoCalSLKDude
3 - etyu

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Going to be out of town unfortunately, pretty bummed.

Have a good holiday everyone!

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,295 Posts
Roll-Call:

1 - Durkatlon
2 - SoCalSLKDude
3 - etyu
4 - pwslk (will try..have company that day)
5 -

·
S L K Tech Enthusiast
602 Posts
Oh, Rats! Rats! Holiday Rats! I'm out of town next weekend. Please keep me on the list for future invites. Looks like perfect weather, too.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Would definitely love to go, my dad is in LA as well and I'm sure he'd love it but... I'm going to Big Sur that weekend.

Thanks for the invite, happy holidays and have an amazing 2014! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the invite. I already have plans for Saturday but with a little more notice I would love to make the ride next time. BTW, I took my 1957 190SL up to Palomar several years ago. It was a fun ride, but above 4000 feet my little 4 banger was seriously sucking for air!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Durk - thank you for the invite! Would have loved to make the drive down for the meet up, but we won't make it down south in time from where we are coming from that day.

Keep in the loop for the next one.

And Merry Christmas to all!

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
596 Posts
Hum... temptation.... I would love to join this run... Let me check my schedule, I will let you guys know soon, and thanks for the invitation...

·
Banned
992 Posts
Wish I could come! Last (and first) time I went up to the observatory, I had a snowball fight with some friends and the exertion gave me hypoxia and I felt sick for the rest of the day. What a prat!:(

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Wish I could come! Last (and first) time I went up to the observatory, I had a snowball fight with some friends and the exertion gave me hypoxia and I felt sick for the rest of the day. What a prat!:(
Durk did say, "We'll do it at a relatively leisurely pace because I still have paint drying on my car."

We will have to ascend slowly :biglaugh:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I am in.... I like leisurely pace as well. Gonna hold Durk up on that promise...

Roll-Call:

1 - Durkatlon
2 - SoCalSLKDude
3 - etyu
4 - pwslk (will try..have company that day)
5- rocketace2012
6-

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,295 Posts
Well, I'm officially out..not because of the "leisurely rate of ascent" but
wifey has a list of CHORES for me that day.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Well, I'm officially out..not because of the "leisurely rate of ascent" but
wifey has a list of CHORES for me that day.
Sorry you cannot make it. Say Merry Christmas to the family for us.

Roll call:

1 - Durkatlon
2 - SoCalSLKDude et al
3 - etyu
4 - rocketace2012

1 - 20 of 57 Posts