Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about painting my stock 17 inch AMG rims but wanted to see how it looked. Does anybody have any pictures of painted AMG rims on a SLK? IF U DO... PLEASE POST AND SHARE! THANK YOU!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Wheels are not the tyres. Tyres are the rubbery bits on the outside.

Wheels are the metal bits in the middle.

Dear Lord, I can see I need to do a lecture tour of the USA to teach you all how to understand British English.

·
Registered
734 Posts
They were already on the car when I bought it.

Under the pretty surface, they've actually been painted pretty badly, so I'll be repainting then again in the Spring - too cold for nice painting from now on, I suspect. I do like the way they look, I just make sure folks don't get too close and see the wrinkles in the paint and the bits where the painter didn't even cover the primer - lazy, lazy person.

·
Registered 2017 SL400
1,192 Posts
There is a range of semi permanent rim paint available in the USA. Not sure of the name but it may be worth trying before committing to painting.

FWIW, I always thought that "tyre+rim=wheel"

EDIT. Found it. It is called "Plastidip"

·
Registered
287 Posts
Rims

Specifically, a rim is part of a wheel; it is the most outer edge of a wheel, and is the location where a tire is attached. The term rims has also been coined as a slang term for fancy or customized wheels on a car, but a rim does not have to look a certain way to be effective. It is used by car lovers everywhere to describe a specific type of wheel: these wheels are almost always bought as an aftermarket purchase, and they can be custom-made for a specific automobile. When used in the slang sense, rims are usually chrome, alloy, or another shiny and durable material. Not everyone refers to these specific styles as rims; some people choose to call them wheels instead, and sometimes, although technically incorrect, the termrims can be used to describe standard factory wheels on a car, sport utility vehicle, or truck.
So technically they are "wheel rims" . Although when custom wheels started to become available no one referred to them as "Mag rims".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.