Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advice please ? Does anyone have experience of "Chipsaway" or "Rivive " in the U.K.

Are they any good ?

My 170 320 looks great but there are three small wheel arch scabs appearing. Just found them when polishing yesterday..:confused:

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
No personal experience, but if you decide to use either, please let me know how it turns out. I've got a couple of spots on my C series that could use a touch up courtesy of the gritting on the M25 last season...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I can't speak to those specific brands but I found Dr. Colorchip to be very good. I've used it on a Miata and an SLK and the paint match was perfect in both cases. Dr. Colorchip is great for small chips, but doesn't really fill the big ones (larger than 1/8") perfectly, although it does mask them reasonably well. Small chips disappear and are almost impossible to see at more than 1 foot away. It looks like they will ship to EU/UK.

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
I have used a bloke In Leicestershire called Dire Scrapes. He was brilliant. Did my wife gold Astra and I couldnt see where he had been. Mixes the paint in his van on site. Had two nasty scratches but totally gone after he had finished

Dire Scrapes
Address:
7, Hawthorne Drive
Postcode:
LE8 4AJ
City/Town:
Blaby, Leicester (Leicestershire)
Main phone:
07802 685869
Mobile phone:
07802 685869

·
Registered
622 Posts
i used chipsaway many years ago and must say they did an excellent job, but as its a franchise it's down to who you get, and their own idea of a good job i would think

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.