Mercedes SLK World banner

Paddles shift retrofit

8095 Views 13 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  #FullDragon
Hello and Merry Christmas to all.
I decided to put paddles shift to a steering wheel that doesn't
have. Is it easy?? Does anybody made it ??
I found on our site only some posts that they made it on steering wheels with buttons. I bought AMG paddles shifters I found the changes that I have to made for the wires but nothing how to made it with dremel or something.
Thanks in advance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Morning

To be honest, your probably better off buying a used wheel WITH buttons from Ebay and then using your own airbag and exchanging the buttons for the AMG paddles.

You may need a different clockspring as your current wheel hasn't alreadygot buttons too ... and maybe some coding to tell the car they are there too
Morning

To be honest, your probably better off buying a used wheel WITH buttons from Ebay and then using your own airbag and exchanging the buttons for the AMG paddles.

You may need a different clockspring as your current wheel hasn't alreadygot buttons too ... and maybe some coding to tell the car they are there too

This is the easy way Seanhump..
We need the challenge...!! ;-)
About the coding:
No coding to work something like plug and play. Like using your gear knob.
At cars with paddles there is a button C/S/M at the gear knob. You can make it M with coding 428 in the VeDOK database and now you have also the M option and you can see it in the small screen on your speedometer.
This is the easy way Seanhump..
We need the challenge...!! ;-)
About the coding:
No coding to work something like plug and play. Like using your gear knob.
At cars with paddles there is a button C/S/M at the gear knob. You can make it M with coding 428 in the VeDOK database and now you have also the M option and you can see it in the small screen on your speedometer.
Done everything works perfect!!! I will upload pics very soon. :)
Done everything works perfect!!! I will upload pics very soon. :)[/QUOTE

PICS

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 3
Done everything works perfect!!! I will upload pics very soon. :)[/QUOTE

PICS
I made an update at my car data card and enable the M option to have full manual use.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 3
Done everything works perfect!!! I will upload pics very soon. :)
Could you write down what have you coded exactily to get the "M" finction on the speedo?
Where you change the gear to when you want to use it?

Thanks in advance.
Could you write down what have you coded exactily to get the "M" finction on the speedo?
Where you change the gear to when you want to use it?

Thanks in advance.
You can make it M with coding 428 in the VeDOK database but only at a Mercedes Benz dealer/workshop.
They will make it online.
Reactions: 1
Can this be done without adding the paddles? I would love a better manual mode of the shifter, something like how my 2006 Dodge Charger R/T was. And is there typically a charge for this, or can "anyone" with a Star system do it?
Can this be done without adding the paddles? I would love a better manual mode of the shifter, something like how my 2006 Dodge Charger R/T was. And is there typically a charge for this, or can "anyone" with a Star system do it?

No you can't do it with Star system.
They didnt charge me for that and of course you can do it without paddles in automatic transmission gearbox
No you can't do it with Star system.
They didnt charge me for that and of course you can do it without paddles in automatic transmission gearbox
Thanks for the reply, I may stop in a dealership and ask. What exactly should I ask for?
Thanks for the reply, I may stop in a dealership and ask. What exactly should I ask for?
Ask them to enable you the M option for the gearbox.
where did you buy your shifters from and how did you install them?
where did you buy your shifters from and how did you install them?
If you try the site's "search" function in the upper right corner you may find THIS THREAD for example...
Reactions: 1
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.