Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From all the information I could gather, Brabus' springs for the SLK55 were merely rebranded Eibachs. So, I went ahead and lowered my SLK55 P30 on a set of "SLK280/350" Eibachs.

The car drives just fine, if not slightly stiffer and slightly less roll in corners, although that could be placebo effects. As for the drop amount, it's perfect in my opinion. Pictures of H&R Coilover/Springs looked too low for my taste. I always wanted the Brabus stance on the AMG but they discontinued those springs.

With the AMG P30 package, my car was already lower than normal SLK55s by 1/4" all around. The Eibach springs lowered my car 7/8" in front and about 1" in the rear.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey!

Love the look of that thing. I think the drop is almost barely noticeable. I think the only concern I would have (as I imagine you do too) would be getting onto some bad roads, or god forbid, a pothole! Nice looking ride tho!

:Beer:

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Potholes and rough roads are everywhere here in Honolulu, but this isn't my daily driver and I'm young and my back can still take the abuse.

The drop is a lot more noticeable in person, there's a bout 1.5 finger gap between the tire and body.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Can I ask a newbie question? I have a 2007 SLK55 AMG, but I am wondering what is meant by "P30" or the OP's car description "'07 SLK55 030"?
Thanks

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,118 Posts
that is the amg performance package...amg suspension with nurburgring calibration, amg leather and alcantra trimmed sport steering wheel, 174 mph speed limiter, amg compound braking, 18 inch amg twin spoke, carbon fiber trim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts