Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my first Benz. Used 2003 SLK230. It has been a problem from day one. I have chased a number of problems and made fixes but still have persistent issues. Found a couple vacuum leaks and changed out all vacuum lines. I consistently get a P200b-000 error code but no check engine light. After warm up I get idle rpm hunting. My fault counter shows cylinder faults across all cylinders. Not a lot but faults are consistent. Tons of oil in the left side intake when bought but all has been fixed. Was rebreather piping and been replaced. Dealer put in new Bremi MAF but not sure if it is doing the job as well as OEM. O2 sensors read well. I did new plugs just because. Injector started leaking so I replaced all injectors. Past owner had the ignition upper harness changed out. I have replaced all right side breather hosing too. Oil separator and attached parts are working well and no oil. I am stumped. Any ideas? Can anyone provide more detail information on the above trouble code???

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG
252 Posts
I found conflicting information on your P200B code. It seems it should have a suffix too. Here are the Code explanations I found:

P200B Component N15/3(ETC control module) is faulty. (Your transmission control unit)
P200B cylinder 1-3 CAT too weak.(P0422) (Catalytic converter not doing its job, seems specific to V6)
P200B The efficiency of the right catalytic converter is insufficient.(P0422) (see above)
P200B-001 B2/5 (HF type AFM sensor),positive short [P0103] (MAF or a wiring/connector issue)
P200B-002 B2/5 (HF type AFM sensor),overload/wire open cause short [P0102] (MAF or a wiring/connector issue)
P200B-004 B2/5 (HF type AFM sensor),air mass sensor/throttle valve reliability error [P0101] (MAF or throttle body problem)

Before you put more parts into it ... does your code reader show live data for your O2 sensors? Can it also show your fuel trims? This additional information can reveal lots of clues when it come to troubleshooting fuel/air/spark issues.

tn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P200b-000 update.

The dtc is from an icarsoft unit and they do not have that code in database. Alldatafyi lead me to believe it is MAF or Throttle body related. O2s working exactly as they should. Here is what I found. In my first check of vacuum lines I found three cracked lines but I missed one. The short vacuum line coming directly out of intake manifold near firewall was cracked at the plug in point under the intake. Unmetered air had a path. When I changed it out for new line all issues went away. Not codes, no idle hunting, no cylinder faults. I wanna cry. I have chased this for a month. There were other issues that needed repair due to age and wear and tear but they were not the underlying problem. Lesson learned is start with the simple things. Thourough inspection and replacement of vacuum lines cured a multitude of problems. Thanks for your help. I did look into those suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.