Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just repaired problem with fuel pump and f5 fuse on K40 relay blowing.

now have a P1519 and p0170 CODES WITH CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON. THE CAR IS HESITATING WHEN FIRST STARTED.

GOT THE CODES AND WHAT THEY MEAN. NOT SURE HOW MANY THINGS IT WILL BE. OXYGEN SENSOR, FUEL TRIM???

HELP??:confused:

·
Super Moderator
17,144 Posts
Clear the codes one more time and see if they come back. If they come back then clean the MAF with CRC mass airflow cleaner, clear again and see if that helps.

·
Wizard of ID
589 Posts
Clear the codes one more time and see if they come back. If they come back then clean the MAF with CRC mass airflow cleaner, clear again and see if that helps.
Yup, I second this. Makes a world of difference.

FYI replace the MAF screws with their Phillips equivalent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P1519 AND p0170 CODES ON SLK230 - 99

yup, i second this. Makes a world of difference.

Fyi replace the maf screws with their phillips equivalent.
thanks, but i have tried cleaning it with the cleaner and that did not keep them off, then i got a new one from autoparts warehouse for 85.00 and replaced it when i did the fuel pump and cleared codes, but now they are back and car is hesitating when i first start it till it warms up and then is ok???

·
Registered
63 Posts
Intake air leak, injectors, diaphragm pressure regulator, engine wear. Is what Alldata says when I look up the P0170. Although I did find a TSB on that code and posted a SS of it for you. The other code is, as you know, for the camshaft solonoid(s). The best way to look at that is of course Star Diag/Xentry. They can look at the actual values and be able to tell if the solonoid is stuck or not recieving signal to make the camshaft adjustments. Hope this helps some.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts