Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The scanner gave me the P0455 code
it started with a blinking gasoline light and then The Check engine light was on,

a friend scanned the car and he told me it's probably just a hose and he deleted the code but i couldn't find the hose, i honestly didn't look where to look and i just forgot about it.

A couple of days ago the same thing happened and the gasoline light started to blink and then the check engine code appeared.

Any suggestions on how to fix this ?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
This code has been bugging me since ive been out of warranty, it comes, goes, fixes and unfixes itself. Im thinking of doing a complete analysis of the system as there are about 5 different fixes that do or dont work for everybody, i have the necessary diagnostics tools and a good deal of experience. My question is, is this only the 230 or are other engine systems affected. Ive tried all the cures but in 13 yrs the problem keeps coming back.

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG
66 Posts
Bringing and old post back to life.

Once again, this site saves the day...hopefully.

I followed these instructions and listened for the 'little drummer" and barely heard a click. I cleaned as instructed and now I hear the drumming. The engine died few times after cleaning, but that may be from excess MAF cleaner in the lines working its way out, I hope. The flashing fuel light is gone, but the check engine light remains.

Do I have to use an ODB reader to clear the check engine light?

Thanks,

·
66 Posts
I flushed out the PV and flipped the gasket on my gas cap. The flashing fuel light has not re-appeared, but the check engine light is still on. Should this go out by itself or do i need to use an ODB reader to clear a code?

·
66 Posts
I'll answer my own question. I had to use an OBD reader to clear the code and make the CEL go away. Now, to see if it comes back on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.