Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a 0410 code - secondary air pump issue. And in trying to start simplest (fuse) to most expensive (entire air pump), I discovered I could not find a working writeup on the fuse or relay for the secondary air pump on an slk320.

So, after scouring this forum and others I have discovered several things:

1. There are differences between the SLK320 and 230 fuse boxes (for understandable reasons)
2. There is more data on fuses for the 230 than 320 (again, understandable due to population)
3. A lot of the helpful pics and diagrams are no longer visible due to Dropbox being ridiculous.

As such, would appreciate help in mapping my fuses. The first one is easy...it is the traditional box on the drivers side (US) in the engine bay and still has the card. Pic below.

The second one in the drivers side dashboard is also easy but definitely doesn't have the secondary air pump fuse.

I did open the wiring box on the passenger side, but no card and would like to verify the circled items(hoping they are the secondary air pump fuse and relay!). Pic below.

Any help appreciated. Thx!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,336 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't the air pump the 40A fuse in the problematic relay box ? Think is the one you circled.
Awesome...that pic is the first confirmation I have seen for those fuses, thx! Do you know where the associated relay is?

EDIT: Disregard my question...I see the relay is also on that pic. Thx very much!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Drop the whole relay board out as per Padgetts picture (just unplug wiring and it lifts out) and re-new the soldering on the board as mentioned above, also clean relay contacts.
Hopefully all will be good when you put back together.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx, All. The solder joints looked to be generally OK but a couple looked a little cracked, so I re-soldered all the major ones and the resistor ones...and it is definitely working now. I can hear the secondary air pump clearly when the engine starts. (wondering if it has been out a while). I love this forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Gents,
So I too have these issues but mines a bit different. add 12 volts to Pumps makes a healthy pump sound. Fuse is fine and it I tap the contact on the relay the pump works fine. But why is my pump not running while the car is running and I get the dreaded p0410 alone with the p0100. Mas air flow sensor. I cleaned the MAS airflow twice. Solder joints look fine by the way. What am I missing?

Thanks,

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,336 Posts
Hello Gents,
So I too have these issues but mines a bit different. add 12 volts to Pumps makes a healthy pump sound. Fuse is fine and it I tap the contact on the relay the pump works fine. But why is my pump not running while the car is running and I get the dreaded p0410 alone with the p0100. Mas air flow sensor. I cleaned the MAS airflow twice. Solder joints look fine by the way. What am I missing?

Thanks,
this thread is at least 2 years old
always better to start a new thread

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

Join the gang! Your 1st thread should be your introduction so we can welcome you properly so post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section. Click this: http://www.slkworld.com/new-members-introduce-yourself-here/

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members as we welcomed you to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment or use the 'quote' button so we know who you are asking or replying to or referencing.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Thank you
Jeff
Founding Member/Super Moderator

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.