Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fixing the P0171 error I found 3 vacuum hoses broken and disconnected. I need help in figuring out how to connect these. The attached picture (from my 2003 SLK 230) shows the line from the Change Over Value (light green), a transparent tube going into the firewall (pink) and a rubber hose from the intake manifold (orange). The image of the Vacuum Map on the inside of the hood, does not describe all the lines. Is it missing a "Y" connector, a check valve, etc. Any help or a picture would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK 5.4 M113
1,440 Posts
on my 1999, there are 2 ports on the back of the intake manifold. one Y'd off to the fuel pressure regulator and underneath the intake manifold where it Y's off again and goes into the bottom of the intake port's on the head. the other one went up towards the front of the engine to the supercharger if I recall.

however your 2003 may be different.

·
Registered
228 Posts
It seems that the emission parts are on the decal, but there is (at least on the Euro models) also a vacuum system that moves the headlights up/down. The transparent, pink tube that goes thr'u the firewall may be for the headlight servo - a valve behind the marked 0-3 Wheel. The line goes from the vacuum connection, to near the light switch, then back, and "Y"-ed off to both headlights. Any leak in that line will make headligt movement impossible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.