Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this 99 SLK Sport since new. I tore out the entire interior 4 years ago to fix the sticky dash switch issues (bad soda spill) AND primarily paint the entire interior plastics. As you all know MB really screwed us all with defective interior paint. Also the door panel glue fails often and and the door panels seperate and had to be completely reassembled. I wanted a true factory like "perfect finish" so I decided to strip it all off and start new. After removing everything, striping, (wow what a job!!) cleaning, using spray on "sand free" SEM coat and painting the plastics with SEM Color Coat (beautiful finish and durable great adherence to ABS) .....I had several tragedies strike.
That was in August of 2012. I could not put the car back together or drive the car. It has not been cranked for almost 4 years now. Obviously I will install a new battery but would love input from you experts on what I should change (fluids) or perform maintenance prior to attempting to start it up?
For example should I drain the gas tank or change the oil (it had pretty new mobile synthetic in it)? After doing any necessary prep work if it don't start I'll post questions. I hope to get the interior installed by next weekend and begin to try to get it running again. I'm really excited about driving this car again soon and appreciate any help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.