Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We spent a wonderful week in Corolla NC on the Outer Banks. Linda and I had a wonderful time chilling on the beach, shopping, and eating. We frolicked in the ocean, consumed much seafood and adult beverages, purchased some local art for the house....etc. Everyone was very friendly and the road trip was flawless. Only saw one poorly organized speed trap both ways and traffic moved pretty well at posted limits plus 10%. No really crazy drivers!

Saw several R170s and R171s,,,also my first R172. I would say the R172 looked very nice, but not particularly unique like the 171. Also saw a very attractive IATB in a fully decked out Bentley with her "old man". Income Adjusted Trophy Bride......what an awesome career and good work if you can get it!

Finally....we cruised exactly 900 miles home in 14 hours with 2 pit stops.....I'm stiffer than a varnished eel!

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Glad you had a good time!

·
Registered
512 Posts
We rent a house in the Outer Banks every year in Salvo, NC (near Nags Head) on hatteras island for a week (first week in September). I'm glad you had a good time! Cant wait for my taste of "Deep Purple" in just over 2 months. Its my all time favorite vacation. Its just so relaxing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts