Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! Wifey and I are beginning to plan a week trip for this summer to the Outer Banks. We sure would appreciate any advice on good hotels, things to do....etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
OB

I spent a week there last year. Took the Jeep and drove the beach north in search of wild horses. Did theAlligator River National Wildlife Refuge Kayak Tour. Loved getting close to nature. I stayed at the Travelodge in Kill Devil Hills. Clean and inexpensive, across the street from the beach. http://www.outerbanks.org/faqs/index.asp is a good start. Try The Flying Fish Cafe, fine dining but casual with excellent wine list.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Remember your in the South.
We might move slow and talk slow but we're not dumb.
Alot of us drive fast too, well maybe not so fast down on the Outer Banks.
Avoid any restaurant that advertises home cooking.
If the restaurant looks fancy, chances are the food is sub-par
BBQ is a noun and not a verb and they like the vinegar stuff that far East.
BBQ=pork unless a different meat is specified and if you say pulled pork we know you ain't from around here. The choices are sliced or chopped, no pulling involved.
Above all, remember to be polite and friendly.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,350 Posts
Tell the wifey that the young lady who is waiting on you that called you sweety or honey or something like that she calls eveyone that and is not anything personal before you get down south.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhh...thanks for the notes about the south, but spent much of my youth in the New Orleans area and roamed Texas (East and West) for a while. Not much dif between rural mid-westerners and most everyone from the south. We grew up being polite and accepting differences in people with both interest and respect.

I'm mainly looking for day activities and cool places to eat. Thanks for the tips Dennis....we still need to meet up this summer......I'll pm you soon.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated......thnaks all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts