Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
*Registered
2011 SLK350
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I now have the inevitable leaking roof on my R172, I’m looking at an outdoor car cover for occasional use, when heavy rain is forecast. This will be in addition to any “fix” that Cayman Autos can make...

I’ve narrowed the choice down to either

Or

Does anyone have any experience of others?

I’m aware of the risk to paintwork but my car has several payers of polish and wax and it is a risk I’m prepared to take to ensure the inside stays dry and allows me to keep my SLK for a few more years..

·
*Registered
2010 SLK55 AMG
1,127 Posts
I got a Monsoon car cover of off ebay. Second hand but never even unpacked, for £119. It's £187.50 new..

We(a)ther (pun intended :) ) it's any good or not I don't know. I haven't unpacked and tried it yet, the car is in heated storage garage at the moment :D.
Rectangle Font Pattern Space Screenshot

·
Founding Member 2006
109,652 Posts

·
*Registered
2011 SLK350
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
*Registered
2008 SLK55 AMG with P30
164 Posts
I bought one last year from Every Car Covered. I think it was about £150.

Tailored to the shape of the SLK and it fits really well, albeit the wing mirror pockets are a bit large when the mirrors fold in.

it’s very robust, and slightly softer on the inside. It comes in a fancy storage bag for when not in use. Handy.

Good solid straps to secure underneath the car and even has rubber covers for the hard plastic bits to stop any rubbing from the straps.

like you, I’m conscious of rubbing on the paintwork, but no signs of rubbing after a couple of weeks use and some high winds.

good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts