Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some Pictures of our TDQ 1st car after I gave it a little TLC Nick named "feeling blue"

so far the car received the following....

new original 16 Inch Mini wheels that I scored on CL for $ 100.00 a very nice Gentlemen removed them with 250 Miles on the clock off his Mini put them in the attic and forgot about them

new Tires $ 499.00 out the door
new Chrome Head Light Rings $ 60
a detail job $ 169.00

on order is a new grill i found out of Cali for $ 100.00 and the grill trim for $ 50.00 and new sun visors for a $ 100 and some small stuff from the local junk yard.

However I did charge her for the 1st tank of gas $ 22.00 to fill the Mini up so she learns driving is not free.:grin::grin:

·
Premium Member
14,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oiledsand, that is a good looking Mini. I always loved them in blue the color reminds me of the W107 back in the days when I was young.

I still have the small version that my grandmother bought me when I was a child.

and thank you for the Tip for the parts.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Looks clean and cool.
Hope she takes good care of it.

·
Premium Member
14,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eddy, I know she will because she totally loves the car and she knows how hard my Betty and I worked to get her the Mini and fix it up so she has a very nice 1st car. For any reason she would not the whole Neighborhood will kick her in the Bum. Accidents on the other hand can happen for that we have full cover insurance on the car.

·
Fanatical Member
3,417 Posts
Flossy, that's one fun first car! My wife drives a Mini Countryman and loves the heck out of it. I keep trying to talk her into putting proper tires on it and getting rid of the run flats. That would make it a much more enjoyable drive. But damned those Minis are fun to drive. They really hug the road in the twisties. Low and wide like a go cart.

·
Banned
297 Posts
However I did charge her for the 1st tank of gas $ 22.00 to fill the Mini up so she learns driving is not free.

But very nearly - $22.00 for a tank of petrol(gas) - that's obscene

$22 = £14.60
US gallons x 1.2 = UK gallons (roughly £4.95per gallon)

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Well done Dad and Mum.. her car looks great...:smile::smile: and she is going to have such fun...:grin:

My first car was a Honda N600..small and neat.. and Clive sprayed it Candy Apple Red >:D... I was so chuffed..as it had taken me 3 attempts to pass the driving test...

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
Great 1st car, and I'm sure she's going to love it (both of my 'kids' have Mini's right now, and they love them)... :grin:

I just wish we/they could buy a "tank of gas" over here for $22!! :crying:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Assuming it's a standard 40 litre tank (almost empty before fill up).

$22 for 40 litres => $0.55 / litre
That's £0.36 / litre or £1.66 / gallon (uk)

Wish it was that cheap over here in the UK.
Local petrol station had 'Black Friday' sale (£0.97 / litre) - cheapest I've seen it in a long time.

·
Premium Member
14,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Our Petro/Gas Prices here in AZ are right now $ 1.89 for 87 Octane Midgrade 89 Octane is $ 2.12 and Premium 91 Octane is $ 2.21 depends on the Station you fill up. She had a little more than 1/4 of a tank left when we filled her Mini up the Pump stopped at around $ 22.00 give or take a couple of Cents....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts