Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Busy week... back from Niagara, then off to Frankfurt/Mainz and back. On my return I was trying to chip away at the honey-do list... and bumped into a 171! Top down and showing a red interior we exchanged a wave, so circled around (he was turning into a parking lot/mall). Turns out I know the car well. I had looked at this one when it was in Newark...then bought and moved to Russell, where it was looked at by Peter of Greely (who we found a stunning intro edition 05 in Michigan), then sold to Fred...who then sold it to get married! I have directed Frank to our humble group!

Today, I thought I saw him again...but the colour wasn't right and it was an 09 facelift. So I've now met Bill and invited him along too!

While in Mainz I saw this 200, in the foto. It has a tab of some sort on each A pillar...I've never seen them before. Anyone?

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,287 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,405 Posts
That 'tab' on the A-pillar looks like it might be the mounting point for a roof bar system, perhaps like the one shown in this post by @Woolly:

http://www.slkworld.com/1035906-post7.html

I didn't know this was even possible until I saw the above post earlier this evening!
:surprise:

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
That 'tab' on the A-pillar looks like it might be the mounting point for a roof bar system.. .. ..
Yes, that's exactly what it's for.

For anyone interested in retro-fitting a roof rack, it's a dealer (or find the parts on ebay ) mod, not a "factory only" option.

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...so they replace the stock A pillars?

yes.. I gave them both cards.. had a couple of the old ones left.. the big ones are just too darn big (unless you got a murse!)

On layover in Milan, left an invite on a 350/171 in the parking lot of our hotel (Ramada Turro)

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little catching up ...

We just spent a week and a half in France (Paris and the SW).

One 171 in the Carmes parking structure in Toulouse (excellent food hall on the ground floor) and a gorgeous red 171 joined us on the Peripheral Road (607?) - where I was forbidden to roll down the window to exchange greetings.

While running Sr VP to the tack shop (in the C Class) I wound up behind a late model 171, arctic white, in Bell's Corners/Richmond Rd.

And yesterday, Mainz Germany was full of SLKs! Three 170s (one with a dinged wing) a dark grey 172, and two 171s (the fellow in the black one was quite peeved by a lady blocking the turning lane).

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,733 Posts
I only have the standard business cards (wallet).

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On the bus out of Mainz (driving past the MB dealer in Wiesbaden) last Sunday I was delighted to see not one, but two Pagodas. Nice day for a drive. (Sadly too far back in the rig to snap a foto).

·
Registered
400 Posts
You sure seem to be in germany a lot. FFM is 250km from me, but the next time you're over, I wouldn't mind taking my little one for a ride to meet.

If you want and time allows, of course.

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm an airline pilot... Air Canada (buy a ticket, bitte!). I'll drop a note the next time I'm over - we stay in Mainz, right on the Rhine at the bridge (Hilton Rhine, Mainz). We're switching to Paris beginning in November.. Thanks for the invitation...

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Saw a turquoise (my daughter's evaluation) 170 yesterday on the 174 westbound, just before the split around noon, driver was a middle aged gent, Ontario plates, top up. Couldn't even catch his eye; we were in the C class...
Also saw a brand new SL on the 417 eastbound, dark blue, very nice...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.