Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've also posted this on the Beaver State SLKs social group sub-forum under the Community tab, but since I'm not sure how many of you have found that I wanted to post here too.

Weather is supposed to be great this coming Saturday May 31st. Anybody up for meeting at Cars & Coffee in Tigard, and perhaps taking a drive afterwards to Mt. St. Helens? The visitors' centers at Johnston Ridge and Coldwater Ridge are now open for the season, and it's always a pretty drive. I know that there are several of us reasonably close to PDX; it would be really cool to put names to faces and names & faces to cars.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
While no one else has chimed in on this one officially, I'll be there tomorrow to hang out for a couple of hours. No scenic drive afterwards, though...the wife has decided that we should be a good aunt & uncle and schlep our nephew to his noon lacrosse game...one of those too many activities, too little time situations for my sister. Anyway, if you've got a little time tomorrow morning Sunhilde and I will be at the Cars & Coffee in Tigard, at the Starbucks on Sequoia Parkway just off I-5 at the Carman Drive exit. We'd love to meet you.

·
Premium Member
17,842 Posts
I would love to go and meet up with you, but we have a 2pm wedding to attend in The Dalles. But please don't get discouraged and stop trying to put something together.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave and I managed to meet for Cars & Coffee and had a great time. Incredible amount of cool cars including our two SLKS, an SL63 AMG and a brand-new SLK65 AMG. That monster turned heads, I assure you.

C'mon, Oregonians...I know you're out there; I see you on the roads. We could easily take up a whole row of parking spots at this event, and take a drive somewhere afterwards. All ya gotta do is get in touch; we'll figure it out together.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,582 Posts
SLK65 AMG? no such animal

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Next time a get together happens so close I will definitely attend. Sorry I missed it :rockon:
Feel free to join the social group; that way you'll always be in the loop.

Speaking of loops, there's a great one which skirts the southern flank of Mt. Adams that makes for a great drive. I've done it with the Portland MBCA section and would love to take a bunch of SLKs on it. Start on the Oregon side of the Columbia in Hood River, and finish up in White Salmon. There's a great place there for artisanal wood-fired pizza and microbrews. From PDX it makes for a great one-day jaunt.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We will be joining the SLK NW group in September on a 4 day road trip. We will be stopping near Portland to see Dave54 we hope to meet you too Beekster!
When in September? Nancy and I will be leaving sometime on the 19th for a week-plus trip to the Reno/Lake Tahoe area and then across Cali to the coast and the Redwoods. But before that we're around home.

·
Premium Member
17,842 Posts
Greg, I think it is the 11th through the 15th for the BC trip so Don would be up a day or two before that.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Greg, I think it is the 11th through the 15th for the BC trip so Don would be up a day or two before that.
Well, we'll definitely be in town then. That's still early enough that I won't be obsessing over car prep for the trip. I will have the maintenance stuff that I want accomplished before the trip done sometime in August: Brake fluid, coolant, manual tranny fluid, and diff fluid all renewed.

Might have to get together for dinner somewhere? Nancy's off work at City of Beaverton at five, so we could see about meeting somewhere any time after that.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This has been percolating on the Beaver State SLK's social group forum the last few days, but I wanted to put it out here too: We're planning a drive for August 9th up the Columbia River Gorge. The plan is to meet for Cars & Coffee in Tigard, at the Starbucks on Sequoia Parkway. When we're done schmoozing over our cars and all the others, we can head for the Gorge Scenic Highway. Our endpoint is still TBD; depends on what people want to do. Hood River is a logical spot, with a couple of good brewpubs for lunch, if people want to lunch as a group. Or we could continue up and around on 35 to Timberline Lodge. Chime in on the Beaver State SLKs social thread or drop me a PM if you're interested. If there's a bunch of us, we might have to make reservations wherever we decide to do lunch.

·
Premium Member
17,842 Posts
Dueniya, you are welcome to join us on the 9th, for cars and coffee in the morning. And/Or you can join us for all or part of the drive after as well.

I see you now have 15 posts. So you can now send me a PM (private message) if you would like more info.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like four cars are in for this so far...who else wants to join us for a drive up the old scenic Gorge Highway? If you're in Oregon or SW Washington, check in on the Beaver State SLKs social group under the Community tab, or drop me a PM letting us know you'll be joining us. The weather is going to be perfect...

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just an update on our August 9th run: Yesterday I plotted our route from Cars & Coffee to the Scenic Highway, and I think you'll find it enjoyable. We will travel along back roads through Stafford and along the Willamette & Clackamas Rivers before turning north to intersect Stark Street in Troutdale, and then across the Stark Street Bridge to join the Scenic Highway. No superslab miles will be logged, though we'll glimpse the freeway from time to time. Traffic/parking permitting, I plan to stop at Vista House for a restroom/photo break along the way, and perhaps Multnomah Falls too. It's up to us. Route instructions for the approach march to the scenic highway will be provided; once we're on that we all pretty well know where we're going. OUr endpoint is up to us...Lunch in Cascade Locks or Hood River? A shorter option would be to exit at Ainsworth Park and return west on I-84 to lunch at McMenamin's Edgefield in Troutdale. A longer one would be up around 35 to 26 and Timberline Lodge. I'll lead the caravan wherever we decide we want to go.

·
Premium Member
17,842 Posts
Nostromo, you are always welcome to join us all down south. Also not sure if you are aware or not, but there are also two other SLK Groups in your area. First and the largest is the SLK NW Group based in the Seattle area. They can be found under the clubs section of the forum. And second is the Olympic Peninsula SLK's. They are a newer group that can be found by clicking on Tools, then Quick Links and then Social Groups. That is also were you can locate the Beaver State SLK's.

I'm sure that is much more info than you wanted, but hope it is useful.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts