Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I'm a new owner of a slk320 on a 97 plate, can anybody tell me if i can open/close my roof from the key-fob? i have been told it does but does it need programming?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,112 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

does not need programming but without the smarttop mod you have to point the key fob at the door handle and be very very close to it. search for smarttop mod and it has a lot of features. key fob uses ir and smarttop lets your key fob use rf.

do you have a manual? all explained in there

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Hi All
I'm a new owner of a slk320 on a 97 plate, can anybody tell me if i can open/close my roof from the key-fob? i have been told it does but does it need programming?

Welcome aboard.

You need to have 'smarttop' installed, click on the slkstore link at the top for details. Highly recommend it :tu:.

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
The r171 can be opened with the key from close proximity (less than a foot) through an IR sensor in the door handle. An after market opener called a "SmartTop" can also be installed. But I don't think that the r170 has any remote capability straight from the factory.

Gabus would know for sure...

·
Registered
13 Posts
You have to install an aftermarket module for the R170. It never had a factory option for remote operation of the roof.
I have the Bipes Roof Module installed, and it's one of the best mods you can do for the R170.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.