Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if Kentucky Speedway or Indianapolis Speedway offer open track racing (I think that's what it's called)?? I want to take my my 350 to a track and open it up to see it's full potential. I live in Southern Ohio so these are really the only tracks that are close to me that I know about.

I am open to idea's or suggestions on other locations in the same area where I could do the same thing or something similar. Being that I don't know my skill I would prefer it to be a situation where I just do a laps without racing others.

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
Does anybody know if Kentucky Speedway or Indianapolis Speedway offer open track racing (I think that's what it's called)?? I want to take my my 350 to a track and open it up to see it's full potential. I live in Southern Ohio so these are really the only tracks that are close to me that I know about.

I am open to idea's or suggestions on other locations in the same area where I could do the same thing or something similar. Being that I don't know my skill I would prefer it to be a situation where I just do a laps without racing others.
There's a post in here somewhere...

Ah, Here it is:
http://www.slkworld.com/off-topic/8130-north-american-road-course.html

Try these on for size...

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG w/P30
178 Posts
I lived in Indianapolis for 30 years and have attended close to 20 races. There is not open lapping on the track. The only day you could drive your own car on the track was opening day in early May. But that was just a bumper to bumper snail's pace parade drive. I dreamed many times of driving on that track. I have ridden my bicycle on it many times. It's smooth as glass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.