Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kismet (Cath and I) along with my Porsche buddy and his lovely Mrs set out after breakfast on Sunday. Great day - mostly sunny skies, and 84F/29C.

We went up 417 then through Packenham (home to the RCMP Musical Ride breeding farm) north through White Lake and across the Madawaska River valley (very nice) and on to Calabogie. It's better known for skiing in the winter, but they have quite a nice track. On Sunday they were running bikes - great fun to watch.

We then went down route 511 - great condition, lovely twisties. We stopped at Balderston (cheese factory, gourmet nibblies) and then into Perth (home to 3 time Olympian Ian Millar and Big Ben). Lovely old town, lunch by the canal. After that into Merrickville, a lock on the Rideau Canal for a beverage.

A few nice cars out enjoying the sun. Late 40's Chrysler, a pair of 40's Ford coupes (one restored the other a mild hot rod) a few Vettes and a 356 Porsche (the plate was ITZA TUB). Then ... (finally they say) a twin to our own 171 - iridium with red interior 350. Sadly, despite our two parked at the curb, and a shouted hello (are we creepy?) they didn't stop.

As an aside, one of the neighbourhood 171s was out - iridium 300 - top up in 32C clear blue skies!! Must have a skin issue...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Merrickville sighting

Hi there, That was me and my g/f out for our first cruise together in the 350. My apologies for not stopping...thought about afterwards but we really needed to get back to Orleans for a family get together.

BTW, you're not creepy. I look forward to meeting you and fellow slk owners.

Fred

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know Fred! (the not creepy part, but some here may argue that) What a small world - must be just around the corner. Shot you my email via pm.
John

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,891 Posts
Curious, how often has a member been sighted by another member?

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's remarkable that we had a sighting and then he joined - great karma, or dare I say kismet! (Nickname for our car)

Good question Marykay...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.