Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So winter it seems has buggered off and the snowbirds have all but returned just in time for the May 24 weekend which of course is the gateway into the long, hot, steamy summer which lies ahead (ok just dreaming..probably will piss down every weekend).

So getting back on track....over the balmy winter months I noticed a few new SLK owners in Ontario joining the Forum...Welcome to you all. At my last count (by posts anyway) I estimated that there were about a dozen + members now in Southern Ontario and a few in the North, whether they are still posting or reading the Forum I don't know, so I think it would be a good time to have a count of how many members would be interested in some weekend or evening get togethers over the summer and into early fall.

I am certainly not an 'organizer' by profession but willing to seek a few venues out and make some arrangements if the interest is there. Of course a few winery trips will be on the menu, both in the Niagara and PEC regions and with John (Der Flieger) being the ultimate guide to the wineries the wine and company will never be bad :laugh:

Please either respond to this post or PM me, or John if its easier, if you are interested in getting together and any ideas for road trips will be welcomed.

And if anybody around the GTA is just interested in grabbing a coffee, I am more than happy to jump in my car and meet up for a chat if I am free.

Chris

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
:grin:
So winter it seems has buggered off and the snowbirds have all but returned just in time for the May 24 weekend which of course is the gateway into the long, hot, steamy summer which lies ahead (ok just dreaming..probably will piss down every weekend).

So getting back on track....over the balmy winter months I noticed a few new SLK owners in Ontario joining the Forum...Welcome to you all. At my last count (by posts anyway) I estimated that there were about a dozen + members now in Southern Ontario and a few in the North, whether they are still posting or reading the Forum I don't know, so I think it would be a good time to have a count of how many members would be interested in some weekend or evening get togethers over the summer and into early fall.

I am certainly not an 'organizer' by profession but willing to seek a few venues out and make some arrangements if the interest is there. Of course a few winery trips will be on the menu, both in the Niagara and PEC regions and with John (Der Flieger) being the ultimate guide to the wineries the wine and company will never be bad :laugh:

Please either respond to this post or PM me, or John if its easier, if you are interested in getting together and any ideas for road trips will be welcomed.

And if anybody around the GTA is just interested in grabbing a coffee, I am more than happy to jump in my car and meet up for a chat if I am free.

Chris
Meet and greet with a coffee sounds fantastic count me in

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone in and around the GTA fancy a coffee or get together this Saturday (June 25th) PM me with a preferred location / time.

Have SLK will travel:laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Ok folks... time for a head count... and please indicate your area and if you're interested in getting together, or just a forum member

JJ, 06 SLK350, Ottawa - love road trips! go as far as Kingston, Prince Edward County and 2-3 times a year through GTA to Niagara..

·
Registered 2005 SLK350-sold
997 Posts
I will be passing through Ontario in a couple weeks, and wouldn't mind meeting anyone in the area. I will be driving north across the border at Niagara Falls, then going up to Tobermory to the ferry, then Sault Sainte Marie, then back through Thunder Bay back to Sault Sainte Marie. Picture a figure 8 around Superior and Huron...

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok folks... time for a head count... and please indicate your area and if you're interested in getting together, or just a forum member

JJ, 06 SLK350, Ottawa - love road trips! go as far as Kingston, Prince Edward County and 2-3 times a year through GTA to Niagara..
I think Henry posted something in the Canada Section also...you know I'm in, have to get some serious road time after this weekend...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all, I just joined, in Orillia now, but Oakville was my stomping ground for (well since the dawn of time:)), so down that way often....it's only 1.6 hr away
Jack

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello all, I just joined, in Orillia now, but Oakville was my stomping ground for (well since the dawn of time:)), so down that way often....it's only 1.6 hr away
Jack
Welcome Jack, some interesting cars you have on your list. hopefully you will be able to join some of us that live in and around the GTA on a couple of ad-hoc road trips in the near future.:smile:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Put a 2011 SLK350 on the road mid-August and just joined here tonight. I'd be interested in some possible jaunts/coffee/meals with other SLK owners some day. I've put 1400 km on it. Cheers.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome aboard....more than willing to get together for a coffee etc. There are several members around the GTA...however meet ups are sporadic due to the retirees all being busy doing other things....I thought the idea of retirement was that you would have plenty of time on your hands...clearly not:surprise:

They will all be buggering off to Florida very soon I am sure; leaving us working stiffs to keep the Canadian economy ticking over >:D

P.S. You can PM me anytime once you get the required number of posts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New SLK55 AMG owner

Hi, I just bought a 2006 SLK55 AMG and I'm so excited. It's my first Mercedes and I love it.

I live in Ajax and would love to meet up with anyone to get some insight into the cars and various upgrades I can or should do. I would also like to know what I need to do to update the radio and GPS and where would I get it done. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi, I just bought a 2006 SLK55 AMG and I'm so excited. It's my first Mercedes and I love it.

I live in Ajax and would love to meet up with anyone to get some insight into the cars and various upgrades I can or should do. I would also like to know what I need to do to update the radio and GPS and where would I get it done. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.
Welcome to SLKWorld, a great little family. I live on the Ajax / Pickering Border at Riverside if you want to meet up....my car is currently hibernating but I am always up for a coffee or something stronger>:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts