Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well spring is almost here...almost hit 20C last weekend.

I'd like to do a head count of members in Ontario and western Quebec (northern NY State, Ohio, Michigan?) who might like to get together now and then, help one another with hands on issues etc.

If you will:

Type of SLK (yr/eng/trans/options)

Name & email & cell (whatever you're comfortable with)

whether you want your info shared (I'll put together a bit of a spreadsheet)

comments/ideas

You can post here, or send the info via pm or email ([email protected])

Thanks and have a great season! :grin:

06 171/350 7G COMAND
Ottawa ON
John or JJ; [email protected]
love road trips/outings, get togethers big or small

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like just you and me Taiter...

Bumped into a guy in a 170 on Innes Rd - had a support the troops plate - said he knew of the forum...but hasn't registered. What gives! It's free for pete's sake.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Must be a slow driver lol!! made TBay from Pickering in 14 hours with a stop in Spanish and SSM, Hwy 17 on the way up Hwy 11 on the way back. Nice views of Lake Superior shoreline. I only drove up there because I wanted to see the wild life....apart from the arse end of a moose never saw a darn thing..not even road kill!! Amazing they build such a great highway and you don't see anyone for miles, yet the 401 is a parking lot...anyway I am sure you will have a road trip or two lined up and I am sure we can all meet up sometime this year.

Happy motoring.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Looks like just you and me Taiter...

Bumped into a guy in a 170 on Innes Rd - had a support the troops plate - said he knew of the forum...but hasn't registered. What gives! It's free for pete's sake.

Well there appears to be 3 or 4 of us die hard's. I am free most weekends so its a case of organization and timing of your flight times...let me know via email or PM. I think most of the smaller vineyards are starting to open now. I was in NOTL on the weekend..packed as usual but 'sun up top down' all day..:grin:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just saw this thread, please count me in.:
Car details - 2009 171/350 6-speed stick
Location - Scarborough (east end of Toronto)
email - [email protected] - share
We bought the SLK as our retirement car, and have some big trips planned. Just returned from touring a few Niagara wineries this past long weekend. We have found Prince Edward County is also great for wineries and good food.

Just wondering, does anybody here belong to the Mercedes Benz Club of Canada? My wife and I were thinking of joining them for a winery trip coming up in a couple of weeks.

Thanks.

Tim

·
Registered
905 Posts
I am in Pickering so not a stones throw from your place. May be we can meet up sometime? seems our ranks and interest is growing for the Ontario chapter which is great. Our 'Flyboy' will like that. I too like to day trip both Niagara and PEC. I find wineries in Niagara to commercialized against those in PEC, which is my preferred destination. Home grown cooking, a nice glass of wine (not that I am a fan on Ontario wines) and a nice drive back following the Lake Route via Brighton, Colborne, Cobourg, Port Hope, Newcastle then hit the 401 for the sprint home..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi John,
I'm finally back online.....
Still got the '05 350 Manual (still under 40k km) and still in Bayfield. Same email address as before.

Safe driving
Gary

·
Registered
905 Posts
Well looks like the numbers are slowly creeping up..it's about time I gave the latest toy a road trip. Now the footy season is done I am free most weekends if anyone has a date in mind for us all meeting up....I think John said he might be heading to Niagara in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im in as well

hi there!
i have a 1998 SLK silver gray! 11600klms! im open to most any events or news!
I line in ayr ontario near kitchener! any one near me?? to contact some one near you just putting ontario on your location is not letting any one know if meeting up is very possible!
thanks jim (im open to be contacted)

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome Jim...

I believe there is at least one other member in the Kitchener area, and if you scroll up, Gary is up in Bayfield (nice area to drive around - go to Goderich! There's a new restaurant - the old train station - that's open on the beach). Several members in the Toronto area, once (again, scroll up) from Chatham and one sleeping Italian in Ancaster!

We hope to make one more run down to the Niagara Wineries in Oct...maybe we can get a larger turn out (than the four that enjoyed Prince Edward County). Cath and I are also tentatively planning a run back up to St Sauveur when the leaves are changing.

Cheers, JJ

1 - 20 of 115 Posts