Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
tapped on the fuel flap last night and to my surprise it popped open, yet I could see the doors where locked.

I preformed the 30 minute reboot, to the letter......... But only the doors are locking.

Checked fuses,all ok. is there something quite simple I have missed?

I did have a Indy clear my A/C errors a week ago, but I don't know what the status of the locking was prior to it.
It did fully lock prior to my fender bender in Feb 2015 , but I have only noticed its not working now.
I searched but found nothing relating to it, deepening my suspicion I have missed something blatantly obvious!

Derek

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
348 Posts
Hi Guys,
tapped on the fuel flap last night and to my surprise it popped open, yet I could see the doors where locked.

I preformed the 30 minute reboot, to the letter......... But only the doors are locking.

Checked fuses,all ok. is there something quite simple I have missed?

I did have a Indy clear my A/C errors a week ago, but I don't know what the status of the locking was prior to it.
It did fully lock prior to my fender bender in Feb 2015 , but I have only noticed its not working now.
I searched but found nothing relating to it, deepening my suspicion I have missed something blatantly obvious!

Derek
Morning Dereck, in the boot there should be a small flap that allows access to the manual petrol flap opener, try operating it back and forwards, lock and open a couple of times, may just have stuck mine did a couple of weeks back been OK since.

Regards Stuart.

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Morning Dereck, in the boot there should be a small flap that allows access to the manual petrol flap opener, try operating it back and forwards, lock and open a couple of times, may just have stuck mine did a couple of weeks back been OK since.

Regards Stuart.
Thanks Stuart,
I am driving it into the office tomorrow morning (night time in aus now), I will have a go doing that with a can of WD-40 close at hand.

·
*Registered
2005 SLK350
174 Posts

Regards Stuart.
Hello Stuart,

I never heard of such a manual access flap so I popped the boot on my 2005 to take a look and could not find such a flap. I see by your signature that yours is a 2000. Is the manual access unique to 170's?

Thanks Richard

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
348 Posts
Hello Stuart,

I never heard of such a manual access flap so I popped the boot on my 2005 to take a look and could not find such a flap. I see by your signature that yours is a 2000. Is the manual access unique to 170's?

Thanks Richard
No idea , I would have thought that if the petrol flap lock could stick there would be a manual opening device somewhere I'll check the forum, and if I can't find anything its down to Jeff.

Regards Stuart.

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
348 Posts
No idea , I would have thought that if the petrol flap lock could stick there would be a manual opening device somewhere I'll check the forum, and if I can't find anything its down to Jeff.

Regards Stuart.
Checked 350 owners manual, no mention of a manual release for the fuel flap, must just be the R170 that has it.

Regards Stuart.

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys,
it is definitely the locking sub system, glove-box,centre console,fuel flap,etc are not locking .
Only the doors and hopefully the immobiliser are locking.:|
Going to check wiring around antenna today, maybe a connector has dislodged or never replaced when repaired.

Derek.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,846 Posts
Don't think R171 has that access
Sean will check in and confirm

does the inside door lock on dash work for those things?

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't think R171 has that access
Sean will check in and confirm

does the inside door lock on dash work for those things?
Thanks Jeff, the doors are locking both via both fob and the buttons on the dash.
I think the manual indicated a led flash from the buttons, but I don't see the flash.

Derek

·
Founding Member 2006
108,846 Posts
Derek, i meant does the glove box lock with the inside lock button on dash? :D

·
Founding Member 2006
108,846 Posts
yes, forgot they don't because then someone could break in and push the button Doh!

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,038 Posts
As far as I know, there is no manual release for the fuel flap

The fuel flap is fed from the rear SAM (which is in the boot area so could've had damage from the shunt)

Also fed from the rear SAM are the lights for the glove box and centre compartment between the seats (plus the door contact switches, trunk contact switches and some of the hood contact switches ...) - are these ok ?

Check the earth points in that area too - they may not be tight

Reactions: duserslk

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Sean,
But all of the lights are working glove box,compartments,doors, when key is in the on position,, I think that's right. The shunt was very cosmetic, just a slap when the car drifted after initial contact , the damage was at the front.
It looks fairly straight forward to remove the metal cage around the gas tank, to get at the rear SAM. will try this evening.
I might check with the guys that cleared the faults for the A/C, they did mention they saw other errors. (don't trust them too much, I had to convince them clearing faults would fix A/C.)

Attachments

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks all , problem fixed. after finding nothing wrong with the relays, earth points,etc , I was starting to plan my weekend pulling the SAM apart.

Fortunately I went out to the car to check the fuse again, noting it is in slot 15 on the guide. Pulled it out , it looked fine, but found it difficult to put back.

Using the iphone light I managed to just see slot 15, put it in, locked the car and surprisingly heard a click from the filler cap. Fixed.:smile:

The smash repairs wont see my business again.........:td:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.